Mullet Focus Group

Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:50 pm

A small group of anglers are interested in forming a Mullet Focus Group, it is envisaged that the aims of this group will be (a) to promote the mullet species as a sport angling fish, (b) to collect samples ( scale , length and girth) across the size and species range to help build a solid data base (c) to promote a strong ethos of safe handling / catch and release and (d) to lobby for the protection of the mullet species. Any interest is welcomed. PM welcome.
Regards
Beachcomber.

Re: Mullet Focus Group

Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:42 pm

I'm interested.

Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:12 am

So am I
mickser

Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:22 pm

Interested pm on way

Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:23 pm

Hi Im interested in the mullet focus group. My email is patkiernan@corcadorca.com

Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:58 pm

Count me in too....

A focus group to make a case for mullet protection is a good idea. However, It is unfortunate that such a lobby is needed - since the people in charge of the nation's fisheries seem to be unaware of the value of mullet as a sustainable sport fishery and its complete UNIMPORTANCE both historically or potentially as an unsustainable COMMERCIAL species. The protection of mullet should be just an unprompted stroke of a pen to the people in charge - which of course assumes that the people in charge are COMPETENT to be in charge of Ireland's fisheries.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:18 pm

[quote="patk"]Hi Im interested in the mullet focus group.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:11 pm

Thanks for posting lads , pm's / emails sent .
Beachcomber.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:26 pm

has the mullet group been launched yet I have not seen anything on it ?