Dublin woman sues parks service -Irish Times

Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:20 pm

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-an ... -1.2519391

A Co Dublin woman who has climbed in the Himalayas and been to base camp on Mount Everest is suing the Irish National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) for €60,000 in damages following a fall on the Wicklow Way.
Hill walker Teresa Wall (59) of Rathingle Cottages, Swords, said in the Circuit Civil Court that as the result of a laceration to her right knee she can no longer climb or run marathons.
The woman, who weekly ran a half-marathon as a hobby, told her barrister Peter McParland that she received seven stitches after falling on a board-walk in the Wicklow Mountains National Park..

There could be trouble ahead if she wins this..

Re: Dublin woman sues parks service -Irish Times

Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:28 pm

Have to agree reluctantly with you JD

******* ambulance chasing solicitors will destroy this country. What ever happened to the concept of being responsible for your own safety?

FFS...

Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:29 pm

kieran wrote:Have to agree reluctantly with you JD

******* ambulance chasing solicitors will destroy this country. What ever happened to the concept of being responsible for your own safety?
:?
FFS...

Sadly it has been replaced by the concept that somebody else is always to blame and blame =claim.

Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:13 am

Disgusting American sue culture spreading into our legal system. A logical judge throw this rubbish out.

Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:19 pm

What a complete load of w**k. I hate this kinda crap. Nobody put a gun to her head and told her to go walking. Ye fell, im sorry but it happens. :evil:

I'd love to be a judge just for this kinda crap. I'd throw her out immediately.

Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:49 pm

Eoghan wrote:What a complete load of w**k. I hate this kinda crap. Nobody put a gun to her head and told her to go walking. Ye fell, im sorry but it happens. :evil:

I'd love to be a judge just for this kinda crap. I'd throw her out immediately.

dont forget to fine her for time wasting :lol:

Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:01 pm

Bet she gets money!!

Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:57 pm

I spent my entire youth in fifties into the sixties fishing rivers which were seldom if ever fished because there were so few anglers. Never had to ask for access to across land because the landowner considered the angler as the occasional eccentric that usually closed gates behind them but had nothing better to do than mess about in the river.

Can't do that anymore because of nitwits that sue when they trip over a buttercup.

PESTS!

Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:05 pm

Easy to see why land owners don't want hill walkers etc on their land. I would never fish anywhere without talking to the land owner first. Have never been refused yet but if it ever does happen I'll respect the owners wishes.
At the end of the day it's down to a bit of courtesy

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:47 pm

Eek!
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-an ... -1.2612125

A hill walker who was injured when she fell on a rotting boardwalk on the Wicklow Way has been awarded €40,000 damages against the National Parks and Wildlife Service.

Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:18 am

It's why many people will not run fishing meets and social competitions. Shame!
The dreaded "duty of care" scares people off. Angling is suffering for it. We should be able to sign a disclaimer.

Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:56 pm

Sanity returns to the courts

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/co ... 59533.html

Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:00 pm

Well thank God for that. Madness. Would open up the doors for all sort of crazy claims if it was upheld.

Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:49 am

Yeah, Dont forget next time you are going to a mark that we are all responsible for our own safety, if it doesent look safe, move on, or else accept that you are responsible for what happens next.