Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:29 am

just had another look saturday sounds alright! we should have a back up just to be sure though if things do change! killoughter is mainly clean ground.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:35 pm

Wrap up by the looks of what Met Eireann are saying.......

3 Day Outlook:
Very cold and wintry weather in store from Thursday night through the weekend with strong and very blustery northerly winds making it fell very raw indeed. There will be some sunshine by day but also heavy showers of rain, hail and sleet with some of snow – this mainly in parts of the north and northeast and on high ground elsewhere. Frost, mainly confined to sheltered places on Thursday and Friday night due to the very strong winds but more extensive frost Saturday and Sunday night as winds ease.

How will this weather affect fishing? Northerly Winds on the East Coast?
Any ideas Mark?

Donal.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:15 pm

the report i read yesterday said that saturday would be alright. hopefully it'll ease off for saturday. all we can do is keep an eye an the weather report! i'll get a back up venue on forum by friday. it will be a similar venue so there'll be no need to an extra rigs made!!!

Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:41 pm

Thanks Damien,

The pub in Kilcool it is. I'll be there a little Early with Mark and will have the Pegs sorted. If anyone is looking for directions give me a bell at 086 6671932. It will be Cold lads so wrap up warm and make sure you have a flask of Tea or coffee and a few sambos or something. The wind is to go Northerly on Friday night and from what I'm reading will be fairly strong (30kph). I'm not sure how this will effect fishing but I'm hoping it wont make a mess of it. Mark, giz a bell on the back up venue but I'm guessing it will be on the same streach of shoreline so maybe it might not be necessary. We can have a chat anyway.

Lads, At the moment it's myself Don and Mark. I would like to get a few more bodys there. Let me know if you can make it. Surely it's too early to be dragged Christmas shopping :lol:

Kev

Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:52 pm

ahh i was just thinkin of south beach or the like if the northerlies are really bad and the seas unfishable. i reckon it'll be alright though. i just don't know how killoughter would be affected by a strong side-wind. the currents here can be very strong. whilst the warm clothing will be VITAL(there will be no group hugs on the beach! it's a competition!) some 6oz leads might be an idea, even fixed wire grippers.

Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:53 am

Good idea Mark. I'm not sure how these northerlies will effect the beach after the calm weather. We'll have a look and see on the morning. The tide is a small one so hopwfully there will not be too much weed about.

Kev

Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:07 pm

we might have to fish inside dun laoighaire harbour 2moro!! is going to be grueller. lovely.

Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:24 pm

How did ye get on?Hope it went well. I was playing football by the sea in greystones yesterday and the sea didn't look too bad and weather was sunny but windy. It was calmer today though. So were you able to fish killoughter or did you head somewhere else. In my opinion this area fishes well in browny water like today and yesterday but with little experience at this time of year I would be interested to knw how yous did.
col

Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:44 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm in the office at the moment and don't have the points to hand but heres a report anyway.

There way myself and Mark from the club and my bro in law came along to keep us company. The day was not as cold as was predicted with a fairly strong Northerly and a nice coloured sea. We started fishing at 12:20. The first hour saw a few very small whiting with mark getting one that scored. About 3pm Mark started to get a few more Whiting and I got a few very small ones with only one scoring. Looked like things were starting to look good but then the fishing just stopped. Towards 5pm we had added a few doggies.

In the end Mark had 9 scoring Whiting plus a doggie for 360 or so points.
I had one scoring whiting and 2 doggies for 112 points and my bro in law managed to get 2 scoring whiting and a doggie to beat me with 121 points :oops: A nice days fishing because it was not as cold as predicted but the fishing was hard with the fish mainly falling to fish based baits. A few Codling would have made it better but maybe we just didn't have the tide for them.

Kev