Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:52 pm

Sorry gents won't make it.

Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:12 pm

duty has been changed so working until 3pm so if no one objects i will be arriving late and will pay fees on beach, if possible could someone draw me a peg

Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:49 am

No probs MC, my number is in the private board, you can gimme a bell on that on the day and I'll look after that.

Dunree

Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:31 pm

Hi all
Ill be there but looks like ill be driving up that day. so if anybody has any ideas for keeping me awake sat night please send them on
see ye there Ferg

Dunree

Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:31 pm

Hi all
Ill be there but looks like ill be driving up that day. so if anybody has any ideas for keeping me awake sat night please send them on
see ye there Ferg

Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:18 pm

petekd wrote:No probs MC, my number is in the private board, you can gimme a bell on that on the day and I'll look after that.

thanks petekd,

Re: Dunree

Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:37 am

Ferg wrote:Hi all
see ye there Ferg

Vodka and red bull ....... :twisted:

Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:58 pm

anyone got a weather update, any i look at says highwinds!

Shore comp 3 Dunree, mar 1st sponsored by Henry's Tackle!

Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:58 am

hi MC, Met 'Eireann say it will be cold Blustery and showery at the weekend, Easytide- L/W @ 06:57 H/W @ 12:30

long range forecast

Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:23 pm

Hi

NOAA reckon WSW 22 knots dropping to 15 knots, and very WET!
Well, it is Donegal in March!

On the up side, I have a full day pass and expect to be there! :D
Building rigs as we speak...

Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:25 pm

You brought the weather to little Killary last year, too!

Killary v Dunree

Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:04 pm

Do I $£%*!"$£%^* remember, wet for a week afterwards! :wink:

Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:17 pm

Here is a tip from pete, put your waders on after your waterproof jacket!

Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:13 am

thanks lads, i guess i am going to test my new greys waterproofs then :lol:

Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:56 am

Yes, made that fateful mistake at the Munster Open last year...... Ended up with a foot of water down each leg and frozen to the core..... Never again. Waders first then Jacket....... :D

Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:29 pm

Alright lads, meeting place for check-in is "The Drift Inn" which is situated just past the Inishowen Gateway Hotel on the left hand side of the road once you have gone through the roundabout on the way into Buncrana. Check in time from 12.30-1.30pm. Decent food will be available here by the way. The mark itself is about 15 minutes or so drive from here with a 5-10 minute walk onto the beach. Those who haven't been before will probably need to follow someone.

Any latecomers, my number is in the private board, give me a bell and we will draw a peg for you.

On another note, following recent tragic accidents and a bit of a "boy racers in crap cars culture" up this neck of the woods, beware of speed traps and checkpoints etc. I have lost count of the number of times I have travelled the full length of the country without seeing a Garda Presence to meet about 3 whilst travelling through Donegal at the end of my journey.

The fishing may not be the best (its march... :? ) but the mark is as picturesque as you can get, this comp will be featured in Total Sea Fishing and the nightlife is tremendous...... Lots of reasons to make the trip..... :wink:

We will also be doing the draw for the "Last Man Standing" comp so get those entries in lads.....!!

Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:31 pm

petekd wrote:No probs MC, my number is in the private board, you can gimme a bell on that on the day and I'll look after that.

thanks again for the offer pete, but guess what my duty has been changed again and i am now on nights, so will be there for sign in, a bit sleepy but will be there, thanks again
Martin

Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:09 am

im out to much work on this week

Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:04 pm

Lads I'm out. Sorry but I'm that busy, I can't justify taking two days away from the laptop.

Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:59 am

Hi all

Big discrepancy between forecasts on Magicseaweed, BBC and NOAA: -

Magicseaweed predicting Big waves albeit dropping, Big wind dropping and then rising for the competition (!) to force 8 / 9 westerly

BBC forecasting light rain, light westerly wind, max temperature 9 C

NOAA predicting a nice window for the competition, top speed wind 14 down to 8 mph (force 1-3) vering from WNW to WSW and relatively dry

Take your pick but my money and prayers are with the yanks!

Tight lines