Urgent Help needed for fishing Galway

Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:27 am

Guys,

I will be on the Galway coast tomorrow to meet up with a friend for a beer or two. I was hoping to get a little fishing in as well. I am looking for a mark or two. I am looking for anything really. Anyone got a spot that I can try some spinning for pollock or Mackerel? Any bass spots. I don't mind giving any other species a try but if you could reccommend a bait supplier in the area that would help coz I haven't any at the moment. Any help at all is appreciated. Oh yeah, I nearly forgot. I will be staying in Renvyle, about 5 miles as the crow flies north of Clifden.

Cheers,

Kev

Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:03 am

was over there my self in feb for pretty much the same thing, brought a rod along and had a nice few flounder on the beach directly down from the camp site. cant remember what bait i used, i assume it was rag and the tide was coming in about 2 hours into the flood. there r plenty of mussels avail for bait beside the sea museum between tully and letterfrack.
hope that was some help
Liam

Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:12 am

There are a load of marks listed around Clifden - you really can not go wrong there. For more information try John and Sue Brittain - they run the Blue Water charter from Clifden and would be very knowledgeable and have up to the minute information. You also have a PM as well...