bass

Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:47 am

Ok it wasn't as big as Padraigs, but I did manage a 5lb 1oz fish in sutton yesterday, close to redrock. It took float fished lug just after low water. It gave a great account of itself on light tackle. It also made up for the plug I lost on my second cast.

Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:41 pm

Was it towards the channel at the dinghy club? Thats a great fish :shock:

bass

Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:19 am

It's rare enough to catch a bass in Dublin, but to catch two in one weekend?

I went back to to the exact same spot on Saturday afternoon and took a nice fish of about 3lbs, spinning with a sliver toby.

Both fish were caught within a few hundred yards of the telephone poles, and both were returned, hopefully to be caught by me again! I'll be up there again on Thursday evening, this time I'll bring my camera! (which will probably be the kiss of death!)

Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:34 am

it is the kiss of death! congrats on the fish Steve. making a habit of putting a camera in with your tackle everytime you go fishing, just like your reel, and u'll catch a good one eventually and get over the superstition....always nice to hear someone returning good fish, fair play to you.

Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:27 pm

What telephone poles?

Telephone poles/telegraph poles

Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:45 am

George,

There is a description of this place on the Shore Marks part of the site. Fishing is from these poles towards Sutton dinghy club. I have yet to explore the area on the other side (i.e. towards the Lions head) as access looks very dodgy.