Veals Postage Prices

Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:14 pm

How much do Veals charge for postage, for a large parcel of tackle to Ireland?

Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:39 pm

from what i can remember it's not that much- provided u haven't ordered lots of leads! i remember getting a large box of stuff with reels an' all and the p and p was the same as ordering a packet of hooks? i didn't ask any questions.....do they put the p and p on your receipt, i'll check and get back to u 2morrow.

Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:52 am

in general the bigger the box the more it will cost i'm afraid. on a bill of over 100 euro, p+p came in at 10 or so sterling. the items were just terminal tackle....when buying in bulk order with your mates. as long as everyone is spending similar amounts of money that is. split the p+p.

Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:37 am

Top shop, that Veals.

Be a little bit cheeky and ask for a discount, I've never paid them the full price yet :!: Ask for the "club discount" even if they've never heard of your club :D Good blokes there, they won't mind a bit and even if it's only a pound or two it all helps.

Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:28 am

Last order I placed was for about £25 (Booms, hooks and some soft lures - nothing heavy), they mark the postage on the receipt, postage came to £2.40 as far as I can remember, so it seems to work out at about 10% based on what m.b3 says as well if only getting terminal stuff.

Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:06 am

Last time I ordered hooks and lures from them in came to about £90. They charged £4 even though there was a £5 stamp on. Email before hand to get the P&P and a discount. For a rod they were charging £20 but they would allow a fair bit of gear along with that with no extra charge.

Donagh

Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:15 am

I just received a consignment from Veals last night of a reel and a few bits and bobs. £10 sterling was the P&P, the same as it was when I bought a rod and reel from them recently. I ordered on Monday morning and got the parcle in the post Wednesday morning so £10 st is perfectly reasonable I think - especially if you compare the tackle prices in the shops here.

Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:49 pm

Thanks Lads,
If you join as a member of the veals online shop you can get some great discounts, and work yourself up to a premium gold member. It has an order tracking history, great idea and you will save loads.