12lb bass in dublin bay

Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:01 pm

caught this monster and my personal best at monkstown to the left of the martello tower on the ebbing tide yesterday evening. there is hope for dublin fishing yet

Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:09 pm

well done that man

Any chance of a picture?
What were you using as bait?

Thanks and congrats again

Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:49 pm

fair play to you Padraig. what a fish!

Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:57 pm

Are you going to try for a specimen award from the ISFC?

Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:56 pm

how did you catch it? what were the light & wind conditions, what ground did you catch it over

Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:04 pm

wind was blowing in from dunlaoghaire, not very strong, its real rocky ground that leads out onto sand, i assume the bass travel along the sandymount beach during high water and then down, pic is on its way, can i upload it to this site??

Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:06 pm

sorry forgot to say i caught it on a peeler on a float right close in, freelineing without a weight, waded out to a big rock about 50m to the left of the swimming area. easy to c its the biggest outcrop in the place

Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:46 pm

Hi Padraig

We don't let people upload big files like pictures (it could crash the site!) but if you send it to me at kieran.hanarahan@sea-angling-ireland.org I will get it up on the gallery and doubtless you will be well ahead on points in the July prize competition!

BTW, lads, where are all the pictures - are yez all blanking or what out there :lol: :wink: !?!?

Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:19 pm

Competition for July is hotting up, Padraig with his 12lb Bass for shore and Arthur with his 2lB red gurnard for boat. Mind you if Luke enters his 50lB +++ Tope Arthur could be in trouble. If Luke does win maybe Conor could send him a bigger scales :wink:

Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:38 pm

I thought you were going to suggest a bigger boat! :lol:

Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:09 pm

what comp?

Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:19 am

Padraig,

Monthly shore and boat best fish, see front page of this site or top post in shore and boat reports page for details, sponsered by Pro cast angling. See previous winners in the gallery. You're going to be hard to beat this month. :(
Congrats on the Bass by the way, were you fishing specifically for Bass at the time, or did it just happen to come along and like the look of your peeler (So to speak) :?:

Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:10 am

Padraig,

Sorry, It's actually the top post in the 2 Q and A forums.

Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:19 am

was trying for it, there dosnt look like much else would b there apart from maybe a flat. the rocks empty out completly so that there is no water at all

Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:03 pm

kieran sent a pic to the adress u gave me kieran.hanarahan@sea-angling-ireland.org and it bounced back to me

Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:25 pm

Not that I would dare to tell someone how to spell their name, but is it not Hanrahan rather than Hanarahan?
If it is Hanrahan, then we should all point and laugh at Kieran, I think. :lol:

Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:15 am

Hi all, padraig

Doh! ... this and signing cheques... would have loved to have been called smith or byrne... something easy to remember (and spell and type) :oops:

Written note to self - paste all email addresses!

Got the picture BTW, from an email stomp or something or other.... where did you get the shirt and where did your head go? :wink:

Can't put that up in a gallery... please get back to me on this!

PM if you prefer...

Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:28 pm

lads lads optimistic as we all are does this not smack of porky pies???? if not then i am doing somthing very very wrong on the fishing front

Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:12 pm

Hmnnn... pork pies... yes... whilst I don't want to cast aspersions (is that how you spell it) the picture I got is not very convincing and looks remarkably like one posted on a website in the UK not too long ago...

However, padraig, you're very welcome to come back on this and counteract all thes negative vibes ... man!