Calling all Corkonians

Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:24 pm

Hi all

I am down in Cork next week on business and ahem, I was thinking of bringing a rod and the camera into the car on the off chance I might get a line wet. I plan on fishing between Crosshaven south and west towards perhaps Courtmacsharry but more probably Kinsale at most as my time will be limited. I have to drive back to Nenagh that day! High tide is listed for Cobh at 15:30 hours. Weather is predicted as light winds from WNW, slight possibility of rain, temperature around 18 C outside sunshine.

I'll have to leave the harbour and east coast for another day. Obviously I know a few marks myself but I would really happy to try some new places - anyone got recommendations on where and what to use?

BTW, the person who mentioned the possibility of getting Bream from the shore, can you please send me a PM or an email!?!

Thanks

Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:47 am

Sorry I missed you Kieran, I was on hols in Majorca. No fishing for me but I saw loads of mullet in the Porta Nous harbour and I watched a guy using a pole to catch what looked like gold bream to me. They were silver fish, six inches with a gold band behind the gills.

By the way I saw a post regarding your hols and mullet. If you want to catch mullet check out the River Lee on any sunny day. The big ones must be at least 5lb weight. I wouldn't be bringing them home to the pan though.

Nenagh?

Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:20 pm

Wotcha doing in Nenagh Kieran
That be my neck of the woods
Kev

Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:24 pm

Hi BigKev

I be negotiating with the taxman on behalf of a client and restructuring his business so that it makes profits rather than losses! Next time I am down I will PM you in advance and we might meet up for a pint or two 8)

G'luck