Streedagh Point, Sligo

Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:04 pm

G'day all

I am under pressure from Roger Baker to produce a few Pollack pictures so I was considering fishing the boulder causeway at Streedagh Point - have not been there in quite a few years. I could get pollack on Achill but I am on for something new, well newish. For anyone interested it is on the seaward side of the village of Grange on the N15 from Sligo to Bundoran. According to the NOAA's aviation forecast, Sunday 4th July will have a light westerly breeze, 7-9 knots (which means it will be safe) with the possibility of light rainshowers and a temperature around 16 celcius. Tidewise low water will be at 1 pm so you can dig bait on the inside of the breakwater and then have lure and bait fishing all the way up the tide to 7 pm. As like as not I will be heading for Dublin after that (work) but that is the plan. If anyone is interested I can arrange to meet you in Grange beforehand... and see how bad my memory is in terms of finding the route out! It is a rocky spot so good boots are advisable. Fishing is with lures and feathers for pollack, to shore specimen standard, seriously large wrasse in amongst the rocks (tough on tackle but worth it), mackerel and the odd garfish to spinning, with congers, huss and doggies on the bottom. On the SW corner facing the beach, you can take flatfish, mostly Dabs. the odd Ray at night in calm weather and the very odd tope on the bigger tides (almost certainly not this one). I am probably a light spinning rod, a box of lures, the fork and an old paint bucket to hold the worms. Might bring a boat rod as well for big stuff...

Anyone is interested, let me know...

Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:23 pm

sounds great you lucky sod!!!........