Dublin Fishing

Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:22 am

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that this year the fishing is particularly bad? I know I'm notorious for blanking, but I could always depend on spinning for summer pollack, at the very least. No mackeral, no wrasse and so far, no bass. Admittedly, i've fished very seldom this year, but I'm not getting any encouragement from the few outings I've had.

Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:23 pm

Stick at it dude, that's why it's called "angling" and not "catching". :twisted:

Still and all, you can learn an awful lot just by blanking. Make a note of time and date, weather conditions, tide state, water temp, baits used and distance fished, rigs, etc etc etc........ It all helps you build up knowledge of the mark, and sooner or later when you'll hit them you'll know what works when and when not to fish that mark.

Anyway, even when you're blanking you're still fishing, and that's cool. :roll:

Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:59 pm

Try some hokkai rigs for pollock at bailey discribed by Gorge. I have fished there many times with him and have not been dissapointed. There is also a good chance of mackeral and Coalies. You can also Float fish or ledger for Wrasse.

Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:15 pm

Neil,

Look on the bright side mate. At least you have fared as badly as myself this year. :D :D It's so bleedin bad I wont even start telling my tales of woe.