Ray Fishing

Thu May 27, 2004 7:56 pm

Hi Guys thank you very much to all that replied to my query its much appreciated, will be having a look at most of the places you have suggested especially Labasheeda ots so nice when people who can share a common interest to swap ideas once again thank you all Rod

Labasheeda

Fri May 28, 2004 11:33 am

If you go to Henry Gilbeys website there is an article on Labasheeda, it's worth a look.

http://www.henry-gilbey.co.uk/shannon_article.html

Fri May 28, 2004 12:24 pm

If your planning a trip to the shannon autumn probably be the best time. Taking to other anglers It fishes best with a bit of wind up.

Donagh

ray fishing

Sat May 29, 2004 8:49 pm

thanks for the info steve will have a look at henry,s site, and you donagh I will remember we need a blow for the shannon, had me first Ray of the season on the north east coast u.k last wed in fact two 1 of 8lbs,and one of 12lbs along with several schoolies all returned alive and well thanks guys rod.

Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:36 pm

Try Carrigaholt in Kilkee for ray . A recent EFSA Ireland competition produced 300 thornback ray between 28 anglers . The winner had 54 ray . Check out todays Star for results . Mackerel and sandeel baits produced the goods .

They better have been all released.

Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:58 pm

I am an angler from Co Clare and fish Carrigaholt quite a lot I hope all those fish were released for us to catch again.
The estuary is a protected habitat and us Clare anglers dont like to see people cutting the wings off those fish like the time I saw some angler doing at Foynes pier before.
The Wexford and Waterford anglers are always catching and releasing when they fish the Shannon as they look after thier flounder in Ballytiege like we look after our ray in the Shannon .
There is no harm in a fish dying due to having been too deeply hooked.

Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:31 pm

all the EFSA competitions are catch and release

Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:11 am

Glad to hear it was catch and release. I heard at the fishing competition yesterday that it was fished in poulnasharry not carrigaholt.

Donagh