Anyone from Derry/Donegal?

Tue May 25, 2004 8:42 am

Is anyoe here from Derry/Donegal, or do their fishing in either county?

I do most of my fishing spinning from St John's Point, but Iwant to try something new. Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Tue May 25, 2004 8:52 am

Shamrock, glad to see you made it !! Try getting in touch with Arthurg. He does a bit of fishing up round St Johns Point.

Tue May 25, 2004 5:01 pm

If you're looking for some foisty Pollock look no further than the rocks just to the right of Fanad Lighthouse.

We were there at high water last week and four were caught one after the other. I suppose they were in the 2-3Lb range.

This is important though - they were all caught on 4" silver pirks. Nothing else was touched.

The bottom is rough so expect to lose a few lures.

Don't get shore fishing too much, but some well-signposted marks around the Downings peninsula also look good.

Good luck

BTW, how is St John's Point fishing?

Tue May 25, 2004 9:00 pm

I haven't even wet the line this year yet bo - hopefully I'll get started this weekend.

Heard nothing about SJP - I'm starting to believe it's becoming fished out though - didn't think that was possible for the sea!

I was at Fahan (Fawn) last weekend with the oul boy for a drive - there was a squad of Coleraine fella's down pulling out good numbers of thornbacks and doggies. Mite give that a try.

Ever heard any reports from Moville/Greencastle/Shrove direction?

Tue May 25, 2004 9:09 pm

That was myself there above.