am i the only one being plagued with jet ski's

Mon May 24, 2004 5:54 pm

yet again the sun is out for all and the sea is calm, the tide is high and then there is the annoying noise of a distand jetski coming towards me...
yes you guessed it ... straight across my line about 20 yards from the rocks where i am fishing...
and it isnt as if they didn't see me they'd been passing up and down giving the one and two finger salutes... yet again i call the gardai but to no avail they cant do anything except get there name and address...

all i can do is wait till a swimmer gets run over before anything is done...

so to all you out there will i have to start sniper training....

(it ould be fun) they have cost me enough equiptment over the past few years....

Mon May 24, 2004 6:29 pm

On that note
Wexford County Council are almost certanly banning Jet Skis from 21 beaches in County Wexford, and possibly the complete River Slaney system..
Hurrah...
jd

[img]http://www.boards.ie/photopost/data/3025/710jetski-med.jpg[/img]

Jet Skis

Tue May 25, 2004 1:05 pm

I assume that most of us have had run ins with jet skis and it has become such a problem that I don't bother to fish many beaches in daylight in the summer. Anyway you will find the fishing is almost always far better at night. If you think of the noise they make above water what must it be like underwater, the vibrations must be enormous and every fish for miles must go to ground or move away .

Tue May 25, 2004 6:27 pm

they were out in Kilcoole on sun. pulled in beside myself and my friends and criss-crossed the water in front of us about 30yards out. they did this for about 20min. no consideration at all. if they were to get injured by line/ weights/ etc. who would be at fault? whilst i am sure there are some jet skiers out their with a brain (that was hard to say), there are a hell of a lot of plonkers. are there no water codes/ rules/ common sense? or do you just need to be a testosterone bubble to drive one of these things? what difference is it to them to just pull around anglers? the sea is pretty big....in fairness i think banning them is extreme, but some sort of code of conduct would not go astray at all. maybe they just think we fish with sticks, dangle worms below them and usually catch old boots.

jet ski

Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:30 am

i give a straight cast straight at them as of yet i havent hit any but one or two got the message