anyone fish the comp. on Clones on sat. gone?

Sun May 16, 2004 8:28 pm

how did it fish? smoothies show?

Mon May 17, 2004 12:34 pm

Typical,

The one w/e I didn't go to Clones. Who held the comp. and where would you find details of these comps before they happen?

I'm a relative new comer to the sea angling having purchased a mobile home down on clones recently and would have had an opportunity to pick up on casting techniques used and rigs etc if I'd have been there last w/e.

I would love to hear the results as well though.
Brian Cooke did you attend?

Ah well, I'm sure I'll bump into someone down there soon that can teach me a few tricks so I can catch something heavier than my 5 oz. lead and dogfish.

Cheers,
Don.

SACs

Mon May 17, 2004 12:59 pm

Hi Don,

Check the links page on this site for the Irish federation of sea anglers. The club secretaries contact details have been uploaded.

Donagh

SACs

Mon May 17, 2004 1:07 pm

Hi Don,

Check the links page on this site for the Irish federation of sea anglers. The club secretaries contact details have been uploaded.

Donagh

SACs

Mon May 17, 2004 1:09 pm

Hi Don,

Donagh

SACs

Mon May 17, 2004 1:11 pm

Hi Don,

Donagh

SACs

Mon May 17, 2004 1:13 pm

Hi Don,

Donagh

SACs

Mon May 17, 2004 1:15 pm

Hi Don,

Donagh

Mon May 17, 2004 1:17 pm

OK, OK! We get the message!! :shock:

forum

Mon May 17, 2004 1:46 pm

sorry the forum seems to be acting up. only pressed one submit

Donagh

Mon May 17, 2004 6:18 pm

i was talking to a fellow in Greystones on Sat. he was fishing it that evening, just curiuos to see if he won! he was trying 3 piece 'Titanium'. nice piece of kit (forgive me George/ SOD!).

Comp in Clones

Mon May 17, 2004 8:40 pm

I did fish a comp on the Saturday night but it was in Ballinoulart. The results were poor. Four scoolie bass were the best fish taken with the top prize going to a 2lb bass. There were a lot of pup smoothies taken weighing only as couple of ounces. I do know there was a 12lb bass taken from Clones in the last fortnight.
On the competition front, I will shortly have all the Leinster dates put up on the IFSA web site. All the other dates are in the IFSA diary. If you are interested in specific areas, I can post upcoming competitions.

Comp in Clones

Mon May 17, 2004 8:56 pm

The comp last Saturday was an EFSA event. I'm not sure if non members could fish. I have not heard reports as yet. I do know the beach has been producing loads of dogs, pup smoothies and a bass of 12 lb was taken in the past fortnight.
I will be posting details of LEinster competitions to the IFSA website in the next week or so. All dates are contianed in the IFSA diary. If anyone needs info on upcoming compeititions in particular areas, I can post.

Tue May 18, 2004 8:56 pm

i will have a look at the IFSA website, thanks. i would be interested in any upcoming 'opens'.