ray fishing

Sat May 08, 2004 9:23 pm

Hi there fellow fishin buddies, a question for you, myself and a group of buddies are visiting mother Ireland in september, could anyone please advise where the best place to fish this time of year, your rplies would be helpfull thanks for your time regards rod.

September Fishing

Sat May 08, 2004 11:04 pm

Shore or Boat?
If it's charter boat ye could head for Cork. Super chartering out of Courtmacsherry. If bringing your own small boat you could fish the Cork Small Boats festival at the end of Sep.
Jim.

ray fishing

Sun May 09, 2004 4:26 pm

Thanks for the reply Jim, I should have said dumb ass that I am its shore fishin m8

Carrigaholt

Mon May 10, 2004 9:12 am

Carrigaholt beach and pier out loop head co clare is a noted mark with fish baits being best. Distance casting may be necessary from the beach depending on the day.

Donagh

Shannon Estuary

Mon May 10, 2004 10:05 am

The shannon estuary is probably the best bet, go to the links section (on the front page) and check out the Shannon Fisheries board website.

I haven't really fished here, but Henry Gilbey was raving about Labasheeda (near Kilkee) in a Sea Angler magazine article. He caught Bull Huss over 10lbs and ray from this spot.

Mon May 10, 2004 11:27 am

While SHFB has the best marks page of all the FBs there are alot of inaccuracies so be warned. In between the carrigaholt and rinvella bay there's also College beach and poulnasharry would also be worth taking a look at. For best results start fishing low tide up and night fishing will improve your chances.

Donagh

Mon May 10, 2004 1:48 pm

Thank you lads for the replies, will be investigating your suggested marks,your replies are appreciated, I myself will be out this weekend as the reports for the north east coast are looking good for bass and rays will let you know how I get on this is the first time I,ve posted on here and must say is a good site will be visiting it often, once again thank you rod

Rays

Tue May 11, 2004 10:32 am

One other good spot you could try is the Dingle Peninsula (specifically the Dingle harbour area). If you are stuck for information Bob Moss would be glad to help you I'm sure (bobmoss@iol.ie).

If the ray fishing isn't great then you have an excellent back up in some of the best bass/wrasse/pollack fishing in Ireland.

Fenit

Fri May 14, 2004 3:31 pm

I would recomend fenit pier for the shear quantity of species to be got there by shore or boat. http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/Mark ... arbour.htm

Carrigholt Pier

Mon May 17, 2004 7:06 pm

Just another reccomendation of Carrig holt pier. Over the Christmas Luke ,Pat and I had a superb days fishing catching Thornies from the pier. There are also good bass beaches near by, just make sure you bring wellies or waders. The local tackle/video shop in Kilkea will provide good info. Can't rember the guys name though