is it easyly found???

still here

Fri May 07, 2004 3:09 pm

Hello to Read, who is here at the same time

that fool NI.Dave, put no past on him, it's just me using a different browser

what about the lion's head or some where like wise

Dave

Fri May 07, 2004 3:12 pm

Pretty much.......if you're heading to the Bailey, park the car before the gates and walk back up the hill a bit to where the start of the house is and theres a path to the left.......follow it all the way around and you come to a wooden handrail, where you get a good view of the Bailey.....keep walking and you'll see a wire fence thats been trampled on. look down, and the outcrop is Lion's Head. You'll need a head for heights and a good grip for the rope you'll be using to scale down, wear gloves though, it'll burn the hand off you. this ok?

Lion Head

Fri May 07, 2004 3:12 pm

Wes

Do you know where the Lion's head is, and if so, how do I find it.

dave

Fri May 07, 2004 3:14 pm

Howzitgoin, I have the browser pointing to the forum all the time so I just refresh to see whats new.

Fri May 07, 2004 3:15 pm

I see we both posted at the same time

Where is Baily.

Think off me coming from Newry to Dublin, it's not even on my road map here

Dave

fishing

Fri May 07, 2004 3:22 pm

Hi Read

Wes is trying to pint me into the area called "Lion Head" which I think or hope is on the N side of dublin.

It's just a new mark I want to try, and seeing as I need gloves I think it may be a no no. the wife is coming for the run and she don't carry my fishing gear.

maybe some place easy to access???

Dave

Fri May 07, 2004 3:34 pm

If I wanted to do rock climbing I'd go to Everest with Pat Falvey. Having said that I hope to fish White Bay in Cork Harbour tomorrow and that is a bit of a walk down a steep path. No gloves required though.

Not sure bringing the wife is a good idea, unless of course, she fishes! Mine doesn't get that it takes hours to fish. I bring my son sometimes but I haven't got him obsessed yet :evil: .

Fri May 07, 2004 3:50 pm

The place with the easiest access i know of is Howth Pier......could nearly fish while sitting in the car! but when you run into people saying you'll catch nothing and kids asking what you're doing, you'll welcome the cliffs! :wink:

howth fishing

Fri May 07, 2004 5:14 pm

Hi all

Think I may have to give it a skip, re-pulled every thing in my arm "again" can't open car door with it and I am the only driver, sod it.

No: wife does not fish, son some times does, daughter says she does not, except when with boy friend, orther son would rather play rugby, played for Ulster under 16's, got beat.

thats it.

catch you all later, thanks all

Dave

Easy access

Fri May 07, 2004 7:42 pm

Lion's head seems to be the best mark around Howth at the moment but access is the problem although you don't need gloves. An easy enough rock mark to access in Howth is high rocks Ballscadden. Drive up the hill at the end of the village and you will eventually come to a car park. The mark is just beside you down a few stones to a ledge where you fish off. Saying this it generally fishes better in winter and its a bit of a tip, no it is a tip. :cry:

lions head

Sat May 08, 2004 9:01 pm

Ah

I have to give it a skip.

But I will make a note of time etc in note book.

Dave