Greenore Co louth

Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:37 pm

Has any body ever fished Greenore beach Co Louth .

Greenore

Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:02 pm

We used to fish club competitions on it about twenty years ago and it produced big numbers of dogish and small ray. The hotspot was the pegs around the Monkey Pole. Over the years, we took some decent individual codling to 3.5 pounds during the winter months but never in big numbers. A friend fished it a couple of times last winter for codling but did not have much success, taking only a handful of 25 cm fish.
I heard that the clean ground has been commercially fished extensively over the years.

Sat May 01, 2004 10:31 am

Thanks for the info . I was thinking of using it for a club competition next year . A change from heading South all the time .

Geenore

Sat May 01, 2004 11:41 pm

Where exactly is Greenore :?:

Greenore

Sun May 02, 2004 9:13 am

George

The only Greenore that I know off: is in Carlingford Lough:

If you want to fish it, the best road to get to it is via Newry, drive into Newry on the Dublin road, drive past the "Quays shopping complex" its on your right hand side, as it ends there is a row of houses, about 15, at these set of lights trurn right, and keep driving for maybe 10 - 15 mile. After you drive thru Carlingford town, the road will widen into a "aircrafe runway" at the end of it goleft and follow the road to the car park. Greenore

Dave :wink:

thanks

Tue May 04, 2004 7:18 pm

Thanks dtmcc,
What other info do you have on shore fishing around the Carlingford lough area? It certainly is a beutiful place.

Greenore = Greencastle

Wed May 05, 2004 12:02 am

Hello there George.

If I had of know that you were in in Greenore I could of went to Greencastle and waved across the lough at you.

I would have to have a meet, or phone you to fill you in about fishing marks here.

Kieran also knows, or knows orthers that fish here / there.

Dave