beachcaster question

Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:35 pm

Does anyone roughly know how much it would cost me to get my beachcaster re-eyed,is there usually a set price per ring or does it depend on the rod?

Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:56 pm

Minnow it varies from shop to shop. it can easily be done yourself, to a professional level, but you need to have time. Minnow, what rings where you planning on using? how many? need more info. then i can give you a price.

Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:23 pm

Cheers mb,I brought it into Rory's today and they told me it was around 7 Euro per ring,I hope they do a good job as the rod is quite expensive :shock: ,I used to use the ABC shop near capel St,they were always cheaper than Rorys years ago when I was seriously into fishing, but I didn't fancy the trip across the river :roll: ,is that shop still there?

Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:16 pm

minnow wrote: ,I used to use the ABC shop near capel St,they were always cheaper than Rorys years ago when I was seriously into fishing, but I didn't fancy the trip across the river :roll: ,is that shop still there?

wass still there a year or so ago...

Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:17 pm

yep, ABC is still there alright. nice fellow too.... maybe i am wrong but 7 euro a ring seems pricey. threads for whipping cost about 2 euro, GIBB's 2 part resin about 10 euro and then cost of rings. i suppose it is a time consuming job. as long as they do it right!