East coast for the week-end

Wed May 26, 2021 10:33 am

I heading to Gorey on Friday for the week-end, will be bringing the fishing gear with me.
I have done a bit of fishing up that way before, trying to keep the fishing between Brittas and Tinnabarna. Will have crab, lug, maddies, rag and mackerel baits.

Looking to catch some fish, any help will be kept on the to myself. PM;s will do fine.

Re: East coast for the week-end

Wed May 26, 2021 7:45 pm

donal domeney wrote:I heading to Gorey on Friday for the week-end, will be bringing the fishing gear with me.
I have done a bit of fishing up that way before, trying to keep the fishing between Brittas and Tinnabarna. Will have crab, lug, maddies, rag and mackerel baits.

Looking to catch some fish, any help will be kept on the to myself. PM;s will do fine.

I haven’t being down that way in a few weeks but I heard some north Wexford beaches were bad enough with weed this week, old bawn and ballinoulart. Someone local here might have more info for you.

Thu May 27, 2021 8:01 am

Rooney point would be worth a chuck.

Thu May 27, 2021 9:02 am

donal domeney wrote:I heading to Gorey on Friday for the week-end, will be bringing the fishing gear with me.

Hi Donal, I have fished Tinneberna and have had smoothounds and flounder on a rising tide into darkness with crab and rag and have seen Tope caught with the same tide, Its quite a shallow beach but its good for getting away from crowds. Have fished Kiltennel beach and had great smoothound action on rag in the daytime. This beach produced on low water, not sure why but its always coloured. Can be some people about during the day time with dogs which is a pain. The tides look good for the weekend so hopefully the weed situation is ok with a southerly wind although there not giving it too strong.

Thu May 27, 2021 4:40 pm

Cheers for the heads up. I might have to overstay my welcome. :shock: :oops:

Look's like Tinnabarna is on the hit list. I'll give a lash on Saturday from low water up.
Have fished Kiltennel beach before, I called it Dodds Rock.

Fri May 28, 2021 11:15 pm

Went to #1 on the hit list for 2 hours:15min, 14 fish :D :D
Report to follow.

Sat May 29, 2021 4:05 pm

Can't wait for your report.

Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:49 pm

donal domeney wrote:Went to #1 on the hit list for 2 hours:15min, 14 fish :D :D
Report to follow.

Hi Donal, newbie here so I don't seem to have access to catch reports, understandably. I'm an experienced bass angler from south Wexford but I'm looking to pursue some hounds up the east coast, probably Tinnaberna/Ballyvaldon. Is it possible to get access to the catch reports or maybe you could PM me some info if you don't want to reveal state secrets :wink:

Many thanks,

Neil