Access to fishing mark behind Horse Island west Cork

Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:02 am

Hi,
I'm looking for some local know how on how to access the mark behind Horse Island, near castletownshend, I moved down here in May but can't seem to find a safe way to get to the mark.
thanks
Daire

Re: Access to fishing mark behind Horse Island west Cork

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:21 am

I don't know any marks down there but I recently did a video on finding new marks and the coastal photography section may help in finding accessible rocks to stand on https://youtu.be/YFuQMwPP1bo

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:02 pm

good video as ever James

Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:11 am

Thanks Brian, Really wish I could actually get fishing though instead of staring at the screens haha

Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:43 pm

be careful what you wish for - if all you have on offer are blanks, pin whiting, coalies and rockling (within your zone) - you might be better off at the screens, making rigs and tidying up all your gear :)

Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:18 pm

Id take the blanks right now. Im finished tidying all my gear , have plenty of rigs done starting to go a bit insane :(

Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:54 am

corbyeire wrote:be careful what you wish for - if all you have on offer are blanks, pin whiting, coalies and rockling (within your zone) - you might be better off at the screens, making rigs and tidying up all your gear :)

light gear, calm weather and braid if you can and rockling and coalies can make for an enjoyable session.