Kilmichael pt

Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:52 pm

hi lads I fished Kilmichael pt the other night and was just wondering is the tidal current always strong there? Found it impossible to hold bottom using 6oz leads

Re: Kilmichael pt

Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:23 pm

I fished there many times years ago and never found the current strong. This was the beach just beside the point. Caught big smoothies there at a fair distance of a cast. Never caught anything closer than 100 yards

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:37 pm

Cheers for the reply Ken. We found the current impossible to fish. We ended up fishing from the rocks onto the beach you're talking about. Got a few nice smoothies and huss

Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:26 pm

Nice going. What sort of sizes. I've only ever caught big smoothies there. Which makes me wonder why I havn't fished there in 10 years

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:45 pm

I'm now strongly considering a trip there this week. Is it off the rocks you fish? And huss there too?

Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:52 pm

Yea we fished off the rocks and cast left parallel to the beach. Some of the hounds were around the 6lb mark not massive but good craic. None of the huss were of decent size though

Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:28 pm

Might give that a crack on tuesday evening then. What bait were you taking the huss on? Hardly worth a tope bait out there is it?

Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:26 pm

We used rag squid and mackerel. I did put out a bait for a tope as I've no doubt they are there. Huss mostly took mackerel and squid

Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:39 pm

Many thanks. I have some crab in the freezer so think I'll divide my plan between the above. Crab and rag for hounds and hope of a bass, mackerel bait for tope and a hope of a bigger huss, maybe some mack and squid wraps targeting them.

Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:59 pm

Yea worth a bash. Just be mindful of the current. 6oz minimum if casting straight out

Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:24 pm

Never had a problem with current here had hounds off it before throws up bass too

Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:40 pm

Dave F wrote: Hardly worth a tope bait out there is it?

Definitely answered that question now anyway! :D

Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:46 pm

Dave F wrote:
Dave F wrote: Hardly worth a tope bait out there is it?

Definitely answered that question now anyway! :D
I don't understand! Please explain!! Haha

Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:51 pm

nevermind just seen your report haha! Well done mate!