Whats your Favourite Fishing Mark!

Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:25 pm

If you had to pick your favourite mark in the whole of Ireland what would it be, and tell us about the best days fishing you had there.

Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:35 pm

This is a hard one . For scenery it has to be Keem bay on Achill . I also like North beach Enerrielly for competitions , Kaats strand Wexford is a close second. Killoughter is also high on my list . But if I am made to choose it would be Kilcoole .

Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:38 pm

Sorry that was me i forgot to log on :oops:

Favourite Marks

Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:14 am

My top mark would definitely be the Back Beach near Castlegregory, Kerry. It's at the very end of the Brandon Beaches and has the most incredible scenery. There's something amazing about standing in the surf at first light, surrounded by the Brandon Mountains. It's never failed me for bass either. I caught my biggest to date here last year (6lb 2oz). I'm heading back there next next Thurs-Sunday, I can't get enough of the place! The best part is that if the bass aren't biting you can walk across and fish Tralee bay for thornbacks over high tide.

Second best would be the Coombe in Wexford. I've yet to see the full potential of this place, I reckon there are some BIG fish to be caught here at night in June/July.

Back home in Dublin, I'd normally head down the Bailey lighthouse, I've had some good fishing there, and have never blanked at ths spot.

Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:46 pm

Hello all

Favourite mark would have to be on the dingle penninsula.
had a great week there last summer shore fishing, catching pollack to over 9lbs and Thornies to over 10lbs as well as doggies,mackerel,conger etc and then went out on a trip with Danny mcCarthy at the Magherees and added Spurdogs, Huss, Pouting and ling.

Most Favourite of all would have to be the Rocks around brandon creek. Fished it for wrasse and had my best sea session ever, A friend of mine Eoin and I Fished Float fished crab and Rag For wrasse and Spun for pollack. Had three pollack on the spinner and when the tide began to rise the wrasse came in and we had a bite a cast in most spots , landed about 15 wrasse to 5lbs, and lost easily that many. great fun.

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwAJA08Uw9SFFc6jGaXiuYTgegICPSId9aRuY6pk4f8Wd9gzzIc6XD9MEh!xvTFyfZ1pSsePlPI9s2U*7Pc5kfeZmZ8LhtZbWJ29!MlsQHk/wrasse5.jpg[/img]

Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:32 pm

Hello all

I don't care where, as long as I get room to sit and think and maybe even catch a fish to release.

That rules out Kilkeel, cuz there ain't any fish here!

Dave

Inch

Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:27 pm

I have to agree with all those who've identified marks on the Dingle peninsula as their favourites - if I had to choose only one fishing spot to fish for the rest of my life it would be Inch strand. It may not always be easy to fish, and certainly doesn't always produce, but there's something about the place - the scenery, the roar of the surf and the taste of the spray - that always makes you feel you've had a great day's fishing, even when you haven't.
Any other Inch fans out there?

Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:27 pm

Donaghadee Pier..... Cos its the only place I seriously fish................
Love itttttt.

Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:36 pm

I would have to agree with the Dingle Penninsula but at Slea Head.
Some great scenery and also great fishing.
You have Mackeral, Pollack, Doggies, Conger, Wrasse and more.
One one session last summer we had approx 30 wrasse, quiet a few around the 5lb mark, pollock to 7lb, alot of mackeral.
A bit of a testing climb but well worth it for the fishing.