Norway Shore Fishing

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

Norway Shore Fishing

Postby Fisher69 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:41 am

Hi Guy's
Would anyone be interested joining me for maybe ten days shore fishing in Northern Noway next year?
All my trips to Norway have been boat fishing but been doing a lot of research the last few months and I now have a venue in mind for exellent cod and halibut fishing from the shore.
For rough idea on details and prices give me a shout.
Fisher69
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 5 times

Re: Norway Shore Fishing

Postby Clive O Driscoll » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:06 pm

When you planning on going?
Pm me details of price and venue, dates etc. It's on my List for sure and I too am thinking of a trip next year, was thin king of Scotland for Salmon but not sure yet. I am tied up with college till July so if its after that then maybe.
Clive
Clive O Driscoll
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 40 times

Postby chuckaroo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:31 pm

Clive O Driscoll wrote:When you planning on going?
Pm me details of price and venue, dates etc. It's on my List for sure and I too am thinking of a trip next year

+1
I would defo consider this.
Yeah, when are you considering going? I believe that winter time is best, if not the only time, to target the bigger cod and halibut from the shore(?) Is it winter time (early next year) that you were considering? Also, 10 days sounds a long time, if you would consider fewer then I'd certainly see if i could make it, for sure. Please PM me regardless. Ta!
Charlie

2024 targets:
porbeagle, stingers, seatrout, shore skate, shore tope

For this message the author chuckaroo has received thanks:
Clive O Driscoll (Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:55 pm)
chuckaroo
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 819 times

Postby Clive O Driscoll » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:54 pm

Fisher69 wrote:Hi Guy's
Would anyone be interested joining me for maybe ten days shore fishing in Northern Noway next year?
All my trips to Norway have been boat fishing but been doing a lot of research the last few months and I now have a venue in mind for exellent cod and halibut fishing from the shore.
For rough idea on details and prices give me a shout.

Thanks Vernon for the pm, and Tight lines....
Clive
Clive O Driscoll
SAI Bait Ball

Postby cormyb » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:41 pm

http://skarnsundet-fishing.com
Myself and a buddy where looking at this place recently. Looks class and the package is very good!
Hopefully get a chance to go next year!!
cormyb
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 15 times

Postby Clive O Driscoll » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:16 pm

cormyb wrote:http://skarnsundet-fishing.com
Myself and a buddy where looking at this place recently. Looks class and the package is very good!
Hopefully get a chance to go next year!!

Thank you for sharing this, 5 people as a group would get a serious Fishing holiday for less than 300 Euro each, excluding flights etc, but WOW

As I mentioned to Vernon and Chuckaroo, I am in college till July and so will miss this coming season for Norway, but it is on my List
Clive
Clive O Driscoll
SAI Bait Ball

Postby chuckaroo » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:24 pm

Clive O Driscoll wrote:I am in college till July and so will miss this coming season for Norway, but it is on my List
FYI, I have planned a trip for November next year, mainly because I don't fancy fishing in the cold and dark winter there :) Yes, winter is best for the big cod but big fish can be caught pretty much all year round, especially halibut. So don't rule yourself out for Norway next year; plenty of potential after July!

Clive O Driscoll wrote:5 people as a group would get a serious Fishing holiday for less than 300 Euro each, excluding flights etc
300 yoyos will just be for the self-catering accommodation. flights could be 300 quid return, then there's car hire (needed in most cases, but not all), boat hire (optional), petrol costs, additional luggage costs (rod tubes and other), food, bait, tackle, and whatever else
Reckon a more realistic cost for one week, 4 people sharing, would be more like €700+ pp. But well worth it.. :)
Charlie

2024 targets:
chuckaroo
SAI Megalodon!

Postby Clive O Driscoll » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:31 am

plenty of potential after July!

Sounds good, but can't think up of anything yet as I will be hopefully back working by then...

Clive O Driscoll wrote:5 people as a group would get a serious Fishing holiday for less than 300 Euro each, excluding flights etc
300 yoyos will just be for the self-catering accommodation. flights could be 300 quid return, then there's car hire (needed in most cases, but not all), boat hire (optional), petrol costs, additional luggage costs (rod tubes and other), food, bait, tackle, and whatever else
Reckon a more realistic cost for one week, 4 people sharing, would be more like €700+ pp. But well worth it.. :)[/quote]

No, if you look at what 14,000 NOK gets 5 on their web you will see, that you get the Accommodation for 7 nights and that sleeps 5,
Car rental which will be waiting for us at the airport :)
Guide for 4 hours to show us All the Marks, how to fish and when to fish them,
Sat nav with ALL marks already installed,
Tripod, Landing net, gaff

So, it would be under 300 Euro for all that, which is **** all - pardon my french :)
Flights, food etc,would be extra as I mentioned, but remember 5 will be sharing, All do a Big shop, take turns cooking etc, could workout very cheap indeed
Clive
Clive O Driscoll
SAI Bait Ball

Postby chuckaroo » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:41 am

Ok, so there is a car in the price quote (usually about 200euros per week). But one car won't hold and transport five people with fishing tackle back and forward, multiple runs would have to be made to the marks. Which is fine if you are happy to do this I guess.
Taking into consideration the price of the flights (averaging 300euro return to Trondheim), then adding food and drink, rod tube baggage extras, bait, tackle, insurance, petrol and airport parking to your 300euro accommodation price, then I can assure you that over 700euro per person would be a more realistic price tag for one week, all in. If you call that very cheap then fair enough. I certainly think it's a fair deal, lol
Charlie

2024 targets:
chuckaroo
SAI Megalodon!

Postby ardinn » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:35 pm

700 for this is still not bad. I'd be interested anyway can you pm me details too!

Also the car is a caravelle

Plenty of room in there

Last edited by ardinn on Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ardinn
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 110 times

Postby Clive O Driscoll » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:37 pm

[quote="chuckaroo"]Ok, so there is a car in the price quote (usually about 200euros per week). But one car won't hold and transport five people with fishing tackle back and forward, multiple runs would have to be made to the marks. Which is fine if you are happy to do this I guess.

Read the web man, this is what you will receive as a Car, I think this will cope with 5 and All Equipment :)
And yes I did mention it would be Extra for Everything else, I was only saying that for less than 300 each, the stuff you get is Amazing
Attachments
vw-caravelle-road-test-2016-0002.jpg
img.jpg
Clive
Clive O Driscoll
SAI Bait Ball

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum