BAIT..

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

Re: BAIT..

Postby Clive O Driscoll » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:01 pm

patk wrote:I find the pre baiting is a great convenience when you're out does allow you more time to enjoy the fishing. I stopped doing it though because i felt (especially with crab i was juicing the bait with elastic and losing a lot of it. As much as a pain in the ass it is, especially when the fishing is good. I believe shelling the crab as late as possible makes for a much better bait.

Sound Pat, yes i noticed that too with the juice, so didn't wrap as tight as I wanted, and even though that is I still have them soaked in the very juice and prick holes in the squid to absorb, just before I fling.
Clive
Clive O Driscoll
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 40 times

Postby mickser » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:03 am

Hi Clive why don't you do what I do to keep all the juices in the squid before freezing them I wrap them cling film before putting them into the freezer then when you want to use them for fishing you just take off the clingfilm . PS fold over about a 1/2 inch of the clingfilm so you have something to pull on when releasing it from the clingfilm.
mickser
I have not fished in two years hoping to change that this year with anything ?
mickser
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 175 times
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Clive O Driscoll » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:44 pm

mickser wrote:Hi Clive why don't you do what I do to keep all the juices in the squid before freezing them I wrap them cling film before putting them into the freezer then when you want to use them for fishing you just take off the clingfilm . PS fold over about a 1/2 inch of the clingfilm so you have something to pull on when releasing it from the clingfilm.
mickser

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the heads up, sounds great to me...
Clive
Clive O Driscoll
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 40 times

Previous

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum