Re: BAIT..

Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:01 pm

patk wrote:I find the pre baiting is a great convenience when you're out does allow you more time to enjoy the fishing. I stopped doing it though because i felt (especially with crab i was juicing the bait with elastic and losing a lot of it. As much as a pain in the ass it is, especially when the fishing is good. I believe shelling the crab as late as possible makes for a much better bait.

Sound Pat, yes i noticed that too with the juice, so didn't wrap as tight as I wanted, and even though that is I still have them soaked in the very juice and prick holes in the squid to absorb, just before I fling.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:03 am

Hi Clive why don't you do what I do to keep all the juices in the squid before freezing them I wrap them cling film before putting them into the freezer then when you want to use them for fishing you just take off the clingfilm . PS fold over about a 1/2 inch of the clingfilm so you have something to pull on when releasing it from the clingfilm.
mickser

Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:44 pm

mickser wrote:Hi Clive why don't you do what I do to keep all the juices in the squid before freezing them I wrap them cling film before putting them into the freezer then when you want to use them for fishing you just take off the clingfilm . PS fold over about a 1/2 inch of the clingfilm so you have something to pull on when releasing it from the clingfilm.
mickser

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the heads up, sounds great to me...