Rossbeigh Beach.

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

Rossbeigh Beach.

Postby del04 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:25 pm

Hi guys. I'm thinking of planning a trip down south to Kerry sometime in late November. Just wondering what the fishing on Rossbeigh Beach is like? Been looking on airbnb for accommodation and found a place close to here, but if fishing ain't good, I'll look elsewhere.

Cheers,
Derek.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't!!
del04
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 6 times

Re: Rossbeigh Beach.

Postby donal domeney » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:31 pm

I'd have only fished this area in the warmer months
There should be bass and flounder still around at that time of the year. It can suffer badly from weed after a good blow. If it's clean fish at the start of the beach by the barrier. You can dig a few lug on the back beach or driving back towards Glenbeigh there is a lane to the left drive down to the end and there should be lug on both sides of the causeway.
About 9 miles out the road is Kells bay this sheltered on all but northerly winds. Fish the pier, drive on to it, for flounder, dabs and dogs.
Boat species '15 (31) Shore species (21) Total species 40 Specimen: (B) Bluemouth .92kg,(B) Spotted ray 6lb,(S) Painted ray 12.4lb
Boat species '16 (30) Shore species (17) Total species 36
Boat species '17 (35) Shore species (22) Total species 37 Specimen: (B) Bluemouth, (S) Flounder
donal domeney
Head of International Security and Bringer of World Peace

Have thanks: 1248 times

Postby del04 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:22 pm

donal domeney wrote:I'd have only fished this area in the warmer months
There should be bass and flounder still around at that time of the year. It can suffer badly from weed after a good blow. If it's clean fish at the start of the beach by the barrier. You can dig a few lug on the back beach or driving back towards Glenbeigh there is a lane to the left drive down to the end and there should be lug on both sides of the causeway.
About 9 miles out the road is Kells bay this sheltered on all but northerly winds. Fish the pier, drive on to it, for flounder, dabs and dogs.
Thanks for the info

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't!!
del04
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 6 times

Postby sully » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:31 am

Hi Del the fishing can be good like donal said expect flounder and bass with ray and dogs a possibility after dark. lug and sandeel should do all the damage. hope this helps
Chris
sully
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 27 times

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum