Switch to full style
Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.
Post a reply

South Wexford beaches

Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:16 am

Folks, would anyone have any suggestion on beaches that fish well on spring tides in South Wexford? I’ve heard Rostoonstown and bannow can be tricky to fish in big tides. Will be in the area next week and hope to get a bit of fishing in. Timewise I'll be fishing over low water. Was hoping that if the wind is blowing offshore a spring tide might be ok on these marks? Not looking for detailed marks or anything just a steer as to what beaches might be fishable. Any advice much appreciated

Re: South Wexford beaches

Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:27 pm

i found them to fish well on the rise, i wouldnt right them off with a good wind - when the 7oz moves then start worrying

Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:35 pm

Don't think I even have a 7oz! Cheers for the reply

Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:12 pm

Bannow is alright on a flood tide

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:24 pm

Just spent a week down kilmore area and the weed was a pain...But managed to catch a few I found low water was better for me due to the weed being less of a pain...

Plenty of small bass about on just about most beaches...

Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:30 pm

Cheers Jaygo, Was down at that way yesterday. Fished an east facing beach (Ballinoulart) instead cause I figured the weed would be a nightmare. Had a few very small schoolies and a wee flounder and a weed free session so was happy out. Haven’t fished any of those beaches before. Nice area

Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:43 am

Balinoulart is a great beach - Dropping tide is weed free, rising is bad at times. some big bass run through there - Dunno where they are at the moment though :D
Post a reply