Ok, Everyone with Sky TV...

Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:04 pm

Could I get everyone elses view on the Crud with watch on Home and leisure week in week out, I mean, I... Personally dont want to watch John Wilson catching farkin 300lb Jewfish from Florida, Nor do I want to see Paul Young catching the WORLDS BIGGEST SALMON somewhere in the arsehole of Alaska, No, I want to see more half decent sea angling on TV. I want to see 'Normal' (using term Loosely), Anglers, Catching realistic fish, from Marks that you or I could go and fish, the closest I have found would have to be Henry Gilbey, BUT... Something local would be absolutely brilliant! I hope and Pray someone will realise my ambition of a decent Irish Sea angling show on TV...

'Its not what you catch, Its how you catch it'.

Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:16 pm

i salute you! that is very fair piont.....

fishing tv

Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:53 pm

There was a programme on BBC2 a while ago called "Coast to Coast" but it was mostly coarse fishing. There used to be alot of fishing programmes on Dicovery Channel but then they moved them all to digital, does anyone know of any other programmes on normal cable tv?

Selfish...

Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:09 am

Selfish I know, but I do agree with you. I'm afraid my wife is totally frustrated with all the fishing programs I watch in the vain hope of seeing some beachcasting. She has to sit through hours of chub, barbell and trout along with a bit of sport from the Ozzies, and now the closest there is to the beach is "No, it can't be a doggie! I'll eat my hat if that's a doggie" Henry. And this is a re-run!

I did watch the one last night and found it interesting that his friend was the one catching all the fish and that he was the one using beads and attractors on his rigs. Maybe I should throw a few on my rigs from now on.

Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:06 am

Sky TV are filming a programme about sea fishing in Donegal during the coming summer. I know this because the skipper who has been asked to do it has asked me to be there. How good did I feel ?
I'm not sure if it's part of a series but I'll send him a mail and find out. Will keep you posted.

RTE radio one shows

Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:47 am

For those of us without Sky you can listen to some of the shows RTE radio one put out from their show Gone Fishing. The archives are here
http://www.rte.ie/radio1/archive/gonefishin/
There's some variety between lake,river,sea, boat beach fishing and its all based in Ireland.

Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:52 am

Henry Gibley is certainly the best regards sea fishing, and he is a nice bloke too, I sent him an email about an article he wrote about Ray fishing down in Kilkee in Sea Angler. He sent me a long reply pin pointing marks he had been successful with over in the West.

The show predators isn't too bad either, bass, conger & tope have been featured. But there certainly is a big bias towards freshwater angling. As far as an irish angling show goes, hopefully TV3 or TG4 could pull something out of the hat. I would of thought board failte, BIM etc. would love the idea of promoting the country on such shows. I suppose we are beginning to be catered for by the New Total Sea Fishing Ireland magazine.

Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:59 pm

Does anyone know when Total Sea Fishing Ireland magazine is out. I am getting tired of the UK version, with the only thing of interest being the rod reviews and one article on the south east coast in the last three editions??

tv3

Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:17 pm

I doubt it very much that you would get a fishing programme out of tv3. The whole channel is nearly made up of british or american programmes!

Irish Angler

Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:02 pm

I'm reliably informed that Irish Angler is due out around the 16th.
It will be interesting to see how it gets on. It will have fresh as well as sea fishing. I thought first that this wouldn't work, then I thought of how much of the Sea Angler etc. are full of marks & fish around the Uk that I'm never likely to visit or catch. I think I would prefer to see an Irish angler catching salmon than details of a mark in western Scotland!! It might get us all fishing in puddles!!

The magazine is being distributed by Easons. I'm not sure what newsagents they deliver to. I' told the best thing to do is to ask your local agent to order a few copies.

Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:26 pm

K"

H and L were filming last summer in Carlingford lough with Paul Young and from there they went just out side Newry and then "I was told north" the show never appeared on TV, I have been asking Peyton Cunningham "skipper C- lough" but he has now give up on the idea off it being shown on Sky "the wasters"

Henry Gilbey, had been saying to me that he wants to film here again this year as far as I know he was here last August "North coast" if he is coming back and wants to fish East coast I think I may get him into straying close by to be able to fish from say "Ballycastle - Waterford?

Time will tell.

Dave

Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:42 am

Sorry to bring up old Posts but Apparantly its being shown at the End of June this year.... and on an even better not... Im fishing the same weekend and Tide with the same skipper this year!!! Jealous? I think so.