I Don't mean to Alarm you all but...

Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:49 am

THERE'S ONLY A COUPLE OF MONTHS TIL THE SUMMER SPECIES ARE IN.... WRASSE FROM YOUR FAVOURITE ROCK MARKS... HOT DAYS WITH COLD BEERS AND BIG FISH.... HALLEHJUAH!!!! NO MORE FLOATATION SUITS ON THE END OF DONAGHADEE PIER, FREEZIN YER FECKIN NUTS OFF WHILE WAITING FOR 4lb COALYs!!!! YEEEEE Haaaaaaa :D :) :o :) :D :P :roll: [/u]

Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:45 pm

K2, old chap, contain yourself, now that I know where you fish I can tow a big net across the place.

Na! only kidden, but you are right, "Here comes the summer"

Think I might write a song, that would make a great name 4 it????

Apart from that!!! does that plummer still in that named town, tows a caravan etc???

Dave

PS DON'T SHOT, WE ARE NOT HARD OF HEARING JUST YET.

Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:55 pm

Huh? What Plummer? Im confuzzled.... Arghhhhhhh Lugworms.
ARGHHHHHHH CRIBBONS!

fishing seasons

Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:32 pm

With the way fishing seasons have gone you never know what your going to catch sometimes. What's the deal with Whiting still being caught from the shore in late March/April! If global warming continues its set to become even more extreme but the advantages are the arrival of more big game fish of our shores and even more exotic species.

Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:39 pm

By George you'r right.
One can never tell will come ashore.

I think it may be the lack of cod eating the whiting, hence so many more.?

I wonder could the few "us anglers" bring about a six mile inshore ban on trawling, would it help stocks recover?

How many times have you seen or been told of large twarlers working close inshore?? this has got to stop, but who will have the back bone to start the ball rolling???????????

Dave

Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:58 pm

Henry Gilbey...???!!! Here....!!!???? Grrrr @ Not knowing, Maybe he might wanna fish Bangor Pier for 3 Inch Whiting, or Carrickfergus.... for 4 Inch Whiting... Ack well, at least he'd enjoy the craic...

Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:46 pm

The whole thing is, if any of the TV host persons are to come here to fish, they need to go back to the film / programme people and say

"yes the chapies at such a place are very nice and can produce fish for the cameras" or wording to that effect.

So, what does that mean for us "anglers" that want our patch on telly.
Keeping a good record over the years and knowing what time, tide etc will on the day produce the fish for release. ps: most fish are camera shy.

A lot easier said than done, but until we get a six mile ban on trawling keep up the good work,

promote promote, promote

Tell the world how good the fishing, is in Ireland and bring the camera crew will you!!!! Henry, John, Paul any body who host a show.

Dave