Switch to full style
Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.
Post a reply

gurnard in connemara

Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:10 pm

lads doing a bit off a species with my mates for small money so I'm going all out looking to get a gurnard grey red any just want to know any were out in connemara I might hit one heading there next week .any advice would be great thanks

Re: gurnard in connemara

Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:35 pm

bit early for gurnards out that way

Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:51 pm

yip. gurnard are generally caught more often in deeper water (from boat). caught from the shore too of course but usually in greater numbers in the summer..
i reckon
good luck

Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:25 am

Hi Ogie,

I used to live down that way many moons ago. There was a mark in Carraroe that used to throw them up regularly enough. Unfortunately I cant remember even how to get there.

One of the locals might be able to point it out to you, it was a relatively popular spot for mackerel and pollack.

Not much to go on but hopefully might point you in the right direction.

Best of luck.

Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:38 am

Hi ogie there is one spot i get grey and tub gurnard up near killary but it a bit early for them yet,also heard of some red caught there as well
Most are small so small hooks needed,even got a few on tiny feathers

Sent from my HUAWEI CAZ-AL10 using Tapatalk

Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:02 pm

thanks for all the info lads .going to try killary over the patricks weekend hopefully no blanks

Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:48 pm

you should have dogs and coalies to keep you entertained anyways

Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:15 pm

ogie wrote:thanks for all the info lads .going to try killary over the patricks weekend hopefully no blanks

There was a fair blow out there over the weekend - did you chance it in the end?
Post a reply