Inch beach, Kerry -start of February

Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:59 pm

So by happy chance I am going to a stag in dingle on the first weekend in February but must come back to Cork on the Saturday 6th Feb- which gives me a chance to fish somewhere I always wanted -Inch.

I don't have access to Dingle tides for that day -maybe someone could post the tides if they have a tides book ? Thanks

I would appreciate any useful information about fishing inch this time of year - best baits, where I can get bait locally , tactics etc. Any and all information greatly appreciated

PMs welcome if you would rather not post here

Re: Inch beach, Kerry -start of February

Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:49 pm

There's a 3.96m high tide at 15.28 on the 6th.

Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:02 pm

Thanks for that bogwoppit

Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:00 pm

No problem, fortunately I can't help you with anything else Though as I've never fished there

Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:48 pm

Hi shortcircuit

Here are the results of a simple search with the word 'inch' in the title:

search.php?keywords=Inch&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Some other hits there in relation to Inch pier, Inch Island etc but there a plenty associated with Inch Beach.
Have a trawl, hope this helps..

Stunning beach. Don't know if it is a majorly productive fishing destination though. Quite shallow for good bit as far as I recall, and I believe that it throws up flatties and small round fish and not much else.
But will be interested to hear how you get on

Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:49 pm

hi chuckaroo

Don't worry I'm knee deep in a search as we speak !

Cheers

Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:58 pm

chuckaroo wrote:Don't know if it is a majorly productive fishing destination though. Quite shallow for a good bit out as far as I recall, and I believe that it throws up flatties and small round fish and not much else.

I'll take that back. Was having a quick scan at some archived reports on that link I provided above there. Some crackin bass caught on that beach! Lol

Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:20 pm

you need to be there at the right time to get bass - otherwise it will be a pile of small flounders for your efforts

Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:35 pm

To be honest, I don't have much choice about when I will hit there- will probably end up fishing the second half of the flood tide.

Can anyone advise where I might be able to pick up bait locally? I probably won't have time to dig lug.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:00 am

Try Chris at Atlantic tackle in Tralee

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:37 pm

How you got on in Inch that time?? I'm going to head there on Sat evening and have a bash for a few fish anyway! If anything moreso to get the lines wet really!

Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:11 pm

Hi shortcircuit I usually have a go in and around Inch at least once a year and use this tide chart for tidal times high and low depths http://wisuki.com/tide/1844/inch-beach pretty accurate just give an hour before or after what you want fish
mickser