George!?

Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:29 pm

George i tried to send a reply to your question on the Bailey. did u get it? general error?! what's all that about.

Thanks

Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:51 am

Yeah I got the reply. Even though it says general error the message still goes through so there is no problem. Thanks for the info on the Baily.

more info.......

Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:01 pm

George i have more info. on this place. from the 'Telegraph Pole' around to just past the Bailey Lighthouse. i will forward it to you as soon as i get a chance.

thanks

Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:04 pm

I appreciated your help very much m.b3. Do you know anything about smoothound from Lion's Head or where I could catch a Bull Huss around Howth.

Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:08 pm

George what did u here about smoothhound from Lion's Head?! i have not heard anything about them being caught here (not that i am ruling it out). the bull huss are caught from the rock mark to the left of the gates at the Bailey. i have not fished here before despite hearing a few good reports. apparently sept. is the best time to target them. some anglers have caught quite a few fish here in quick succession. it seems to be a case of a few huss being around or none at all. they respond to large sandeel, squid and mackeral combo's. they have been caught in daylight and i don't recommend night fishing this mark.

Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:27 pm

Hi Mb3, go to the thread called "Smoothhound Wexford". Have a read through that, it mentions the Lions Head area.

cheers!

Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:00 pm

thanks mate........