Dublin/liffey

Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:57 pm

I'd be interested if anyone has any tips or advice for fishing the liffey around the dublin area? Is it a viable area to target them, and are there flounder about aswell? Rigs, hotspots, etc would all be greatly appreciated.
I'd also be interested in any Dab marks with easy public transport access.
Many thanks people

Dab

Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:45 pm

Howth is a good spot for Dab. Fish Ballscadden, Split Rock or Lion's Head as these will all produce Dab all year round with the chance of a few big ones but mostly they are small. Worm baits work well especially frozen Black Lug fished on a one up one down paternoster should get you fish.

Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:05 pm

Every year specimen Mullet are caught from the Liffey . The hotspots are behind Huston Station and around the toll bridge area .

Sandymount

Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:29 am

Sandymount is a good spot for flounder, fish into the gullies and channels as the tide floods in. Be careful though, the tide can be very quick here so don't get cut off. Best to wear a pair of waders.

The area around poolbeg lighthouse can be good for mullet (near the power station), and occasional bass along with other species can be caught in the rough ground to the right of the lighthouse itself.

Ballscadden Beach

Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:28 pm

I'm going to give Ballscadden beach a shot for mullet during the summer as I think it's got potential just not many people have tried.