Angling Show

Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:09 am

What are the times for the angling show on Febuary 21st - 22nd and where exactly is the venue.

Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:30 pm

The show is on in the national show centre in Cloghran, (Near Swords) just beside the Dublin airport, not sure about the times though.

Directions to NSC, Cloghran, Co.Dub.

Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:13 pm

The "Ireland Angling 2004 Exhibition" is on as Alby said, in the National Show Centre, Cloghran, Co.Dublin on the 22nd + 23rd Feb. I checked it out and the times are from 10am-6pm (with the possibility of it being open later on the Saturday, depending on attendance).

Directions:

Coming from the City Centre, make your way to Lower Dorset St.
Keep going straight, on up to Drumcondra Road all the way.
At the top of Drumcondra Rd, just after the junction with Collins Ave, theres a temporary Y junction due to the Port Tunnel. Take the right lane and head up onto the M1, the left leads to Omni Shopping Centre.
Come off the M1 at the turn-off for the Airport, follow that to the roundabout ahead and take the right turn off it.
Straight up and you'll pass the Coachmans Pub on your right, then onto another small roundabout.
Take the right off this roundabout and thats the entrance to the Show Centre. Sure just after the Coachmans, you'll see the building itself to the right, massive place.
Hope this helps.

Sín é.

Angling SHow

Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:58 pm

I will be on the Irish Federation of Sea Anglers stand during most of the Saturday if anyone wants to call over for a chat.

Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:34 pm

I've never been to the show - is it worth the run down from Donegal?

I am thinking of buying some new sea gear for the coming summer so if there were bargains to be had it might make itt worth the drive.

Anybody advise?

Thanks,

Arthur

Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:36 pm

I've never been to the show - is it worth the run down from Donegal?

I am thinking of buying some new sea gear for the coming summer so if there were bargains to be had it might make itt worth the drive.

Anybody advise?

Thanks,

Arthur

Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:47 pm

Well its a huge place, and assuming they fill it with stalls etc., im sure there'll be a bargain or two......live in hope anyways.
Whether its worth the trip down or not i dont know, but Sat + Sun look like good sunny days, according to MetEireann *do i hear laughter?*, so bring the aul beachcaster and gear with you just in case. After all you're not a million miles from some shore!

angling show

Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:09 am

I do not want to slate the show so I am just giving my experience. I attended last year with Luke Scully. The only part that was of interest to me was the casting exhibition. I might so along this year just for that purpose. Inside, the stalls 80%+ were geared towards freshwater fishing and flyfishing. I found very little of Interest there. The Tuna fishing charters from Donegal had a stall there however which was of interest. The stallos that did sell sea fishing gear did not have anything that you could not pick up at your local dealer. I saw no bargains on offer. Personally I would not spend money on an expensive rod and reel at a show like this as you would have no come back if your purchases were defective. The lads form Cork, Big Bren and his buddies came up for the day and were disgusted that they had wasted their time. We attended last year because we live relatively close and because we felt we would miss somthing if we didn't. Personally Arthur I think you would be dissapointed if you drove down from Donegal. But if you are interested if Flyfishing etc it might be worht the trip. The Casting demonstration was excellent and helped us correct some fundamental flaws which we have been able to work on since giving us extra 50+ yards. hope this helps

Entry fee

Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:53 pm

Is there a entry fee?

Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:35 pm

a ten euro note or two fives

Fishing show

Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:53 pm

I went last year and found the casting demonstration outside worth the entry fee alone. Some of the stands sold junk however with not too many bargains.
Bob Moss had a stand last year who I had a good chat with. All in all I'd say its worth the trip and I'd expect it to be better this year than last year.
See you there!

Paul

Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:35 pm

So did we all have a good time at the exhibition?
Have to say, some fantastic deals being thrown around the place, and if you were there in the dying hours, you will have seen prices drop like you wouldnt believe. I came away with a nice wee 10' pier rod with reel for 30 quid, and two fine carp rods with reels and line for 50. Wasn't a bad day at all.
Anybody else get some bargains?

Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:35 pm

I must say, I wasn't too impressed with the show, but managed to pick a nice abu rod for 74 euro. Worth it as P&P is a fortune on these rods from the uk.
Anyway, now that we all have loads of new gear to try out, where do we go on the east coast to catch fish at this time of year????? :P

Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:20 pm

Got myself a new Abu Florida Mag reel at the show . The reel has a RRP of 200 euro plus . I got it for 150 euro plus a free spool of line worth 20 euro thrown in .