Killarney

Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:28 pm

a friend will be in Killarney for the weekend. plans to do a bit of fishin on the coast. can anyone recommend a spot for a few hours fishin? oh, and maybe a tackle shop that sells bait?

ps he likes bass!

Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:55 pm

Mark,I can't recommend anywhere that is fishing well at the moment but if the temperatures stay up for the next few days it might be worth having a go at Inch as it is only about a 40 min drive away.You can get sandeels at buckleys on glebe lane.If you need any other bait try O neills but chances are that you may have to travel to Tralee.If just targetting Bass the sandeel wil be all that is needed.Let me know how he gets on.

Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:14 pm

Liam had bass on the fly down in kerry weekend before last.....

Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:45 pm

:lol: Had a go at Inch about 1/2 way up the tide this afternoon Col, yep u guessed it - another blank to add to the list, mind you only managed an hour or so before the women were nagging to go to the pub, so not to complain had a bite to eat and a couple of pints in the Strand bar. Just used sandeel and a razor. Mamood in the bar said there was a competition on there at the weekend as well, it did'nt sound like they were catching a lot as well.

Sean,

Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:48 am

great lads thanks. i'll pass on the info. at least if the beaches aren't fishin too well i won't feel as jealous! cheers.