Courtown Co. Wexford

Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:48 pm

Anyone ever fished here ? If so , can you send me any info. Just booked a house for a week at the end of August, plan on doing a bit of fishing. Would be grateful for any advice , tips, etc (Boat or shore).

Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:51 pm

real hotspot then !!

Courtown

Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:12 am

Luke Scully goes boat fishing down there every year. It might be worth going onto his http://www.fishingchannel9.com and posting the same question.

lampoon

Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:42 pm

dont worry youve picked a good spot and a good time of year fish courtown in the evening with crab and rag and you get smouthhounds and chance odf bass and flounder.

fish

Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:33 am

ji i do a biy my self here every summer as i have a house in enniscorthy.its good if you fish crab or light gera move up into the harbour ( geebus the anount of mullet you see on a fine summers day never caught 1 yet tried really hard :cry: or you could even drive to cahor this is really good to the right of the pier on the rocks dogs flats smmoothies.

hope this help you :D

courtown

Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:30 pm

Hi h rocks

Used to live down that way, - the normal species can be caught, - bass ray - doggies - plaice - smoothhound. Try the rocky outcrops to the right of the habour also try cahore, roney point and maurice castle, but these venues fish best at night on a rising tide