GF80

Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:28 pm

I'm from the clontarf area and spent most of my childhood fishing in Dollymount (with next to no success) Bray and Killiney (god bless the DART). Sadly ive neglected my sea fishing in recent years spending my time pike fishing in cavan or flyfishing in fanad. I'm looking to get back into sea-fishing around Dublin this summer and will give the Howth area a good go (if the old multiplier still works!!!). However, I was wondering what are the best spots for spinning for bass (& sea-trout if any) along the North Dublin coastline for those long evenings after work in summer when i dont have time to dig bait. I was in Henry's recently and he suggested red-rock in the summer...any help anybody?

fishing

Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:41 pm

hi mate
the lions head in howth is fishing well for this time of year big dabs here falling to lug and black lug.hope this helps

Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:36 am

Cheers Damien

I must give the place a go, ive heard good things about it especially in the summer

Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:31 pm

GF80 If u want bass this coming summer try Red Rock and Portmarnock. Try the storm chug bugs and Rapala J13B type lures foe success. I agree with DAMIEN Lion's Head produces lovely dab at this time and split rock gives lovely whiting to a pound in weight, everywhere else in howth is dead, although I was planning to head to cush point in search of some spring flounders.

Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:19 am

Thanks George & Damien

I have a few rapalas etc..from some pike fishing ive been doing so I will definitely give it a shot!