floation suit

Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:04 pm

hey lads can anyone tell me whats the best value floatation suit on the go at the moment?

Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:05 pm

check out the new imax stuff

Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:17 pm

where bouts can i see them? has anyone off here got one online?

Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:35 pm

come on lads there are millions of ye on here all afternoon. gimme some advice as to entry prices, makes etc,

Flotation suits

Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:59 pm

I have a sundridge suit and have no complaints ,the leggings are only starting to leak around the knees and thats after 4yrs of use mainly fishing rock marks and some boat fishing in the summer !!
I'm hoping to pick up a new one and the birmingham angling show ,but i see you can get them from some of the dealers in the magizines for around £80 plus boots and gloves which is a pretty good deal .

Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:06 pm

does it have to be a flotation suit ? is it for shore fishing ? If so, why not get the likes of a Scierra Aquatex Bib and brace and a fladen rescue system flotation jacket ! HAndy for the summer months when you dont need the all in one 1

Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:21 pm

its mainly to keep me dry in the longliner in a swell. a 2 peice would suit best. which dealers for that kinda money?

Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:15 am

ah for gods sake, how many times are ye gonna make me write a message so that i get back to the top of board :D

Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:43 am

Liam,

Gear info - you know should should have talked to me first. As it happens, I just bought a flotation suit myself. I did a fair amount of research on the web, and ended up buying an Imax two pc. The large size gives 100 N of bouancy, which is not bad considering a proper life jacket should be rated above 150 N. The quality seems very good and it will be very warm. It is (like them all) quite bulky, but I tried some indoor climbing and it is surprisingly non-restrictive. The suit was just under 100 sterling. Veals have sold out of most sizes, can't remember offhand where I got mine from, but they are all the same price - imported by Svendson Sports

Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:50 am

Thanx neil, as always u have all the answers!

Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:40 pm

All the answers, even to those questions of Life, the Universe, and Everything. Don't mind me, I'm mostly harmless.....

P.S it was Gerry's Fishing Tackle, Morecambe where I got mine. Though Veals have now got the large size in again - might be better on postage.

Did you find Harris Angling? I got an e-mail the other day advertising a sale....never looked because I'm sure I would buy another lure that I definately didn't need. Might just have a quick surf, just to see.....Argh! (or should it be "Doh!")