CHEST WADERS

Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:45 am

Hi, anyone know of the best place to purchase a pair of Neoprene chest waders either at a shop in Ireland or on-line? What can I expect to pay? Are there any bargains around?

Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:22 am

i know my local tackle shop limerick angling centre does neoprene chesties for 100 euro. i think they're ron thompson. any other shops i've asked about them round town seem to be more expensive. i'm not too familiar with the irish mail order services, but to buy them from britian look to be around £50 to £70. take into account the crap exchange rate and postage for a heavy item such as waders and it could cost more. i don't know where you live so limerick could quite possibly be outta the question, but i reckon any shop that does a decent trade in the game and sea fishing side of things should have competetively priced chesties....be cheeky, and as about a few quid off, it'll nearly always work if you're gettin a few bits and pieces aswell

Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:17 am

You should be able to pick up a pair of RT waders for about 90 euro if you shop around. I would suggest ringing Rory's tackle shop and asking them if they have any on sale at the moment (the sale is on this weekend I think?). It's not really worth buying them mail order, p&p would cost a packet.

Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:20 am

snowbee neoprene waders can be got for a similar price. I've found them warm and have worn well so far. Make sure you get the felt soles for better grip. A tip with these waders is tuck your trouser into your socks otherwise the top of the boots will cut into your shin. Its definitely alot harder work walking any distance with these waders on.

Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:56 am

cheers lads, thanks for your help

Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:50 pm

I think Rory's sale prices are the equivilent of every other shops general prices.

Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:55 pm

Donagh wrote:snowbee neoprene waders can be got for a similar price. I've found them warm and have worn well so far. Make sure you get the felt soles for better grip. A tip with these waders is tuck your trouser into your socks otherwise the top of the boots will cut into your shin. Its definitely alot harder work walking any distance with these waders on.

DAMN STRAIGHT, I got more of a burn than a cut, and my god it was painful, was like someone had branded my leg the whole way round. Oul bit of string around the bottom of the Jeans is required if ya don't have any Lonnnnnngggg socks.

Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:12 pm

I think Rory's sale prices are the equivilent of every other shops general prices.

:D Spot on....

My last pair on Neoprenes had a felt sore and it was a nightmare. The grip is good but the sand works it's way into felt and hardens it up and then it comes off the boot. I know that if you wash them after each trip this is less likely to happen but I just want to chill and have a beer after I get in from fishing.

Kev

Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:19 pm

I don't get to fish many sandy beaches so I haven't had that problem. I was told in the shop when buying my waders you can get new felt soles when they ware out.

Re: Chest waders

Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:39 pm

Older post re. chest waders

"Many of us down this way use RT waders. No problems at all. Best to use the cleated sole rather than the felt sole which tends to fall off. I have a pair of 11/12, new in their rucksack which were too big for me. If the size suits give me a shout. €60.00 + P&P. "

Jim.

Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:29 pm

Jim, I have sent a mail to your personal inbox about the waders.

Thirty.

Bait

Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:46 pm

Anyone know were to find peeler crab and what time of year. Also were can one dig ragworm around the Kerry area :shock:

Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:54 pm

Mickey Joe,

perhaps you should start a new thread with its own title for your question. It's a bit wide of the mark here and you should get more targetted views on a specific thread.

Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:11 pm

Have a look at the bait guide on the mainpage, its in pdf.
Its a good doc to print out.

Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:30 pm

mick now untill april is best for peeler down our way. kevin brain is the best chance of getting it. otherwise u could look for them over at the abbey in the mud. make sure if u do buy them that they are irish ones and not the imported ones which are crap. no rags to speak of but again lug are at the castle r better again in the estuary by the rinn roe.