Who on the forum fishes the most???

Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:01 am

Was just looking at the shore reports and the lads were slagging K2 extreme, wondering how he can get out fishing so often. How often does everybody get out? What are the best ways of getting the planning permission? Me I wake up every morning and tell herself about another fishing dream. She tells me to go fishing after about a week of this annoyance and we start all over again.

Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:54 pm

i usually get out maybe 5 times a week during the summer and manage about 4 weeks in kerry fishing all day every day. As for herself, well isnt it better to have me chasing fish than birds!!!!

Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:03 pm

My thoughts exactly Liam. :D :D :D

Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:10 pm

5 times a week during the summer :shock: you lucky b*****d!!! I may use that line about chasing fish rather than burds!!!

Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:59 pm

It's hard for me to get out often, with the new (well 14 months now) baby. One good tip: act depressed until you get out fishing, and when you come back, even if you blanked in the cold and wet, come home beaming, lavish lots of attention (wash well first and keep fishy fingers from the vicintiy of spouses sensitive noses). Fishing = happy man = happy woman! QED

Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:03 pm

me:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: fish al day and nite and day and nite and day and nite :lol: 8) :? :shock: :D :) :(

Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:27 pm

Neil, you hit the nail on the head. Since our arrival nearly 7 months ago now, Ive been out maybe 2 or three times, with the last session on Saturday last :D . Its all about how you approach the situation, I'm learning, slowly but surely. :wink:

Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:39 pm

one thing i have learned on here is to avoid certain ppl when out fishing. certain ppl seem to have a fish free zone that follows them around!!! now i am not blaming them that i blank but questions have to b answered!!!!! not naming names ahem neil ahem

Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:43 pm

mmmmmmmmmm.Fish fingers and chips.Now there is a match made in heaven. :D

Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:47 pm

We all know there's only two things that taste of fish and one of those is fish!

The other is prawn crackers...

fishing loads

Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:42 pm

last year (2004) i went fishing 117 times and caugh over 300 fish between april the 7th and december the 29th... i thing i had a good year... wha do you think

Re: Who on the forum fishes the most???

Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:53 am

Never mind the pollocks wrote:Was just looking at the shore reports and the lads were slagging K2 extreme, wondering how he can get out fishing so often. How often does everybody get out? What are the best ways of getting the planning permission? Me I wake up every morning and tell herself about another fishing dream. She tells me to go fishing after about a week of this annoyance and we start all over again.

I get out so often cos I have a load of Angling mad mates, If you didn't have the lads you wouldn't go as often, the craic is usually fantastic! This forum has been a godsend that way, You make more friends and therefore get a few extra fishing trips out a month :D :D

Also, the Donaghadee Joke is cos I'm forever reporting on it, cos its where I fish the most. Its only 3 Miles down the Road, So a Freezer full of bait for the week works well, My Job doesnt really interfere cos I'm usually home for around 5-6pm, unless Ive got a big order to do.

Hope that helps.

I try to fish at Least 3 Times a week, I get grouchy otherwise.

Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:56 am

Check.

Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:21 am

liamdenn wrote:one thing i have learned on here is to avoid certain ppl when out fishing. certain ppl seem to have a fish free zone that follows them around!!! now i am not blaming them that i blank but questions have to b answered!!!!! not naming names ahem neil ahem

The boot is on the other foot, I'm sure. Last year was the first time I failed to catch a bass, despite promises of bass jumping out at your feet in Kerry. Perhaps it is only coincidence that the above author was present during all these failed attempts.

Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:23 am

Oh Neil, Do we have a Jonah in our midst??

Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:23 am

On the other hand....I have to admit that I was impressed with the (admittedly baby) pollock caught on the fly - something I might have scoffed at previously.

Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:39 am

:D that point may b true, but who did manage to catch a bass last yr neil?
was it said above author?

Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:42 am

I still havent caught a Bass... They don't come near Donaghadee Pier :(

Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:45 am

didnt realise there was a second page. bear in mind the pollock were caught from the 40 foot which in my eyes made it extra great!!!!!!!!!
Btw last week i was out with neil , never seen him pick up as many fish. it seemed like everything in front of us was fishy, plenty of variety of species and good specimens too. just goes to show what can b had close to dublin.
now neil dont go giving away our secret new mark!!!!!!

Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:44 pm

liamdenn wrote:didnt realise there was a second page. bear in mind the pollock were caught from the 40 foot which in my eyes made it extra great!!!!!!!!!
Btw last week i was out with neil , never seen him pick up as many fish. it seemed like everything in front of us was fishy, plenty of variety of species and good specimens too. just goes to show what can b had close to dublin.
now neil dont go giving away our secret new mark!!!!!!

I knew it all along...you live in a fantasy world, Liam - it explains everything