Show centre in Cloghran

Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:36 pm

Could someone please give info on this event. Also if there is a web site it would be fantastic. thanks again. 8)

Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:16 am

Heres a report from the CFB's website on last years event.....

IRELAND ANGLING 2004
The 2004 angling exhibition organized by Pat Burns of Nelton Exhibitions was held at the National Show center Cloghran, Swords Co. Dublin was a huge success & the number of exhibitions & angling visitors far exceeded any other angling exhibition to date. It was like Aladdin's cave to anglers, we were like kids at a sweet stand. Plenty of locals travelled to Swords over the weekend, and I reckon some new lures will be introduced to local waters next week.

Last years was good, some good deals and some not so good deals, its all about haggling with most of these guys, they just want to shift the gear and move on to the next punter. Matt Hayes was there last year, promoting his gear. Stalls with everything and anything you need, its a handy place to stock up your gear. In saying all this, I know a couple of blokes that think its a rip off. Judge for yourself next week. :wink:

Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:42 am

hi good show this the better haggler you are the the better deal you can get :lol: .its on this year on 19th and 20th of feb (two weeks)

Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:51 pm

Will there be a casting demo and if so would anyone know what time the casting will be on at.....

Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:58 pm

They normally run the same casting Demo 2 or 3 times during the day. My personal preference is to got there on the second day, catch the demos eye up some kit and then towards the end of the day haggle like crazy. :P It's better for them to make a small profit rather that having to repack the equipment and take it home. Having said that there are a few bargins to be had right from the off. My waiting cost me a cracking double handed Salmon Road last year. It was on the stand for €150 and I though I'd offer €100 - €120 towards the end of the day and when I went back it was gone. It was a great price at €150. But you can wait and make offers on some of the kit. 2 years ago a guy bought a boat for about 23k. I think it was on display for 30k.

Kev

show

Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:31 pm

how do you get to the cloghran show centre?
say if you were coming up the M50, for example... any chance of directions? I was hoping there'd be a map on the ad in Irish Angler but no joy.

Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:55 pm

Take the slip road off the M50 and head to the Airport, when you reach the Airport roundabout, take the right exit off it, head straight past the Coachmans Pub and you can actually see the centre off to the right....huge place.

cloghran

Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:18 pm

cant miss it huge green building its where the dog show is held each year there should be a huge sign at the edge of the road tink there was last year hope this helps

show

Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:25 pm

ta that sounds straightforward

Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:16 pm

Directions are spot on Rocky. Very straight forward. Coachmans pub is only a couple of hundred meters past the Airport Roundabout.

Kev