Exhibition - Dublin

Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:32 pm

I dont recall seeing them last year, but was Veals at the show in Cloghran?
Are we all going this year?

Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:05 pm

hey when is it on this year? missed it last yr

Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:20 pm

19th/20th of this month.

Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:46 pm

Maybe a chance for the club's first bit of work. Who are the organisers so we can try get some feebie passes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:33 pm

Freebie passes are impossible to get unless you know a tackle shop dealer that will be at the show. He can apply for a free pass for you as no expense as you will be "working" at the show. This show seems to be very tight that way as it is run by an English company.

Kev

Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:47 pm

hi lads im thionking about buying a new tripod could yous recomend one?what extras ecc.... tanks

Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:00 pm

Damien,

Best to have 3 legs and somewhere to rest your butt! :lol:

I have a fairly cheap tripod from Wales. Only problem is, that the cups that hold the butts at the base does not rotate. This just makes it a little difficult to transport it, but it's not too much grief. You don't have to spend a fortune, just find one that's stable.

tanks

Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:05 pm

tank you for that info id would you have any info on rod bags what make ect...

Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:16 pm

Check http://www.veals.co.uk/acatalog/Veals_C ... s_111.html
to see a few tripods.

As for rod bags, I'm stuck there myself. Any tackle shop will have some rod bags kicking around, but if you need a holdall for a couple of 14 foot rods and a tripod, they are hard to come by. That's another thing about having a tripod butt holder that swivels - you need to get it either into your rod holdall or be strapped onto the outside of it.

Titantex are now making a longer rod bag. Make sure the bag/holdall has seperate sections for each section of your rod!

BTW. If you're into cheaper fishing, check out https://www.angelsport.de/cgi-bin/askari.storefront/EN

Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:33 pm

Damo go for a Ian golds tripod . I use the 6ft super match model .

hi

Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:16 pm

ok lads tank you for all the info!!!