Irish Winter Beach Championships

Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:18 pm

Could someone keep me up to date on how it's going The 1st leg was today.

Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:43 pm

Just back from the match, with less than an hour to go Irish angler Stephen Brennan was winning one section, while England International Chris Clarke was running away with his section. There seems to be big numbers of fish around. I would recomend that anyone interested in sea angling should try to get to one of these matches. These lads really know how to catch fish, I picked up several very useful tips.

Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:46 pm

where are the matches on

cheers nige

Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:24 am

Young Steven is definately getting a name for himself. Seems to be the hottest angler in Leinster at the minute. Only amater of time before he hits the big stage with a bang.

Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:30 am

Has he not already? Stephen has been on the Irish team a few times now and as far as I know has a FIPS world team silver?

Fair play to him. There are a few begrudgers out there who say 'oh he was fishing in a hole' and the like. But what it comes down to is that he puts in a huge amount of time and effort and deserves his success.

Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:47 pm

Does anybody no what time fishing is tomorrow Saturday .

Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:25 pm

its 1 - 6 2moro either side of kilcoole

heard brennan was 2nd in his section wit around 33, mick kane was also 2nd in his, i think they were the best of the Irish...

Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:38 pm

Stephen has been on Irish youth teams before but it won;t be long till he makes the senior team. If Mick Kane and Stephen have scored well they will be Irelands 1st representitives at the Sea Angler penn league final.

Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:22 pm

To the best of my knowledge January starts the new 'Penn Sea League'. Stephen & Mick are still hanging in there with just a few competitions to score. It would be interesting to see both of them in the final.

Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:10 am

For the second year in a row Stephen has finished second in the Winter Festival. This will almost certainly give him a place at the Penn Sea League final in the UK. Chris Clarke, an ex England international and current youth team coach won the event.

Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:27 pm

didnt stephen win the leinster league convincingly last year? i heard he was unlucky this year in the winter festival - he had 2 zone wins and a second, and chris clarke had 3 zone wins. noone has ever got 3 zone wins before, and any other year stephen would have won it easily!

Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:07 pm

Chris Clarke - an ex world champion aswell...

Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:01 pm

He has also won the Kilmore Winter Festival and wasnt too far from retaining it this year aswell.

Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:02 pm

all that!!!!!!is veryl "how should one put it" nice to read, put where or how does one find, where and when "forget why.www" these matches are being fished

One does like to repeat one's one at times :P

dave

Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:30 pm

any chance of that in english, Dave???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:02 pm

were you down the pub by any chance dave??!!!

Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:06 pm

been down the pub dave??! :?:

Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:23 pm

on the sauce dtmcc ?
if anyone wants to translate you can use this handy "gibberish" translator
http://world.altavista.com/