lampoon

Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:37 pm

Hi Donal and Jim and anybody else who can help after seeing the article on monkstown, im dying to give it a crack the tides this sun are high 04:07 - 3.6m , low 10:42 1.1m are tese tides okay or would another weekwnd be better im coming all the way from dublin so i want to get it right, by the way great articles in this new irish mag keep up the good work lads! its about time we had our own mag im sick of reading how ggod the fishing is in england.

lampoon on the wall

Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:52 pm

haven't fished it lately to much fresh water coming down the river. Will give a go tomorrow or thursday and see what's going. If it is fishing bring crab as this the best bait here. Will post report asap.

Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:55 pm

thumbs up for the mag alright. no rehashed rubbish and interesting articles and people!

Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:47 pm

Lampoon, i can tell you the fishing over here is worse than #### at the moment, from the beaches in the south,and it dosent get much better all year except when the smuts are running through in june/july.all we seem to hear is how the coasts of Ireland are alive with fish all year.so im coming over later in the year to have a go meself. regards Dougie

Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:58 pm

Hate to break it to you happyhooker but you have been grossly misinformed.

Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:00 pm

Depends where you're going though...

Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:31 pm

Thanks for the reply so quickly donal any report before sat would be greatly appreiciated.

As for you happy hooker it cant be that bad over there, from reading dave barnham and alan yeates articles youd think there were specimens all over the shop.

As for the fishing here you can get some great fishing at certain times in certain places. if you send me a pm with when your thinking of fishing and what sort os species il try my best to put you right.

Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:56 pm

Many thanks, coming over in june and will contact you nearer then, i dont know for sure but i reckon the guys you mention put in a lot of time ( days ) to make one article. my local harbour used to be alive with flounders you could catch a dozen or more in a 3hr session and anything under a pound would go back.now for three years running ive not so much as had a bite. beaches are the same especially day time. Brighton marina was good now it seems pin whiting invade it every winter,and in summer you probably got upto100+ people armed with mackrel feathers going in all directions, with piles of fish going of in the sun day in day out. i think wherever you are you can have a good day when things are just right,but there few and far between and getting scarcer.right i'll shut up for now.regards to you all.Dougie