Veals nightmare!

Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:59 pm

Ordered a penn sidewinder + 525 mag on 1st of december for cristmas present, after about two weeks still had'nt come and started getting a bit worried so I rang veals.Told the rod had been in ireland for ten days and they could'nt understand why it had'nt been shipped.After continously ringing veals and the shipping company with no joy(after every time been promised the rod would arrive that day)I had to go out and pick the rod up myself from finglas on Chrismas eve! and still no explanation.when the rod was opened on christmas day two of the rings were seriously damaged.the rod did'nt even come in a protective tube just a acloth bag and flimsy cardboard box. part of my order was also missing and although it was only a bottle of rocket fuel it is the principal.I will now have to get in contact with veals today and pay out of my own pocket to ship the rod back.I was very surprised at this as I had heard excellent reports on veals. Has anyone else had a similiar experience?

Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:03 pm

I have bought loads of gear from Veals and never had any problems,and found that when you phone them for info they are more than helpful.In fact i bought a Penn two piece flotation suit from them about two years back and when it came it was so well packaged it took some work to even get the thing opened.Sorry to hear of anyone having problems when ordering gear as it usually involves quite a big outlay and the last thing you need is to be let down.Hope Veals are big enough to say sorry and sort this to your satisfaction,without you being out of pocket.Good luck.

Veals

Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:18 am

I buy most of my tackle from Veals, and have only ever had a problem once. I ordered a rod n reel from them, and when the courier arrived he only had the reel, which was damaged. Phoned them and they sent a replacement out that day - FOC, and tracked the whereabouts of the rod. It appeared that the courier had decided to split the parcel, after Veals had packaged both together, and that they actually had the rod with them when they delivered the reel. I think the courier was gonna keep the rod, and chance his arm, by saying that I had signed for both.

This is the only problem I have encountered, and I was impressed with the way they dealt with it. Most problems in my experience are down to the couriers, who I have had many problems with in the past. I now will not sign for anything unless i have inspected it first.

In my opinion Veals is the top online tackle shop, who you can bargain with for a most competitive price.

Jonny I think you must have been a unfortunate customer, as this type of thing is rearly encountered when dealing with Veals. Good luck in sorting the problem out anyway.

Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:20 am

please post a link to Veals...

Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:27 am

http://www.veals.co.uk/

Don't think they have a Swedish menu option though :lol:

Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:30 am

IDPearl wrote:http://www.veals.co.uk/

Don't think they have a Swedish menu option though :lol:
no need for swedish menus mate ;-) I think i can get around on an english site ;-)

Thanks for the link

Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:52 am

Your English is better than my Swedish, that's for sure! Enjoyed your website. All I need now is a webpage translator from Swedish to English.....

Found one! - http://www.systranbox.com/systran/box
Last edited by IDPearl on Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mail order

Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:54 am

I bought a Fox Trek 6 piece 11'6'' beachcaster from Angling Direct.
Ordered it on the afternoon of 21 December, they said delivery would be 2 days to Northern Ireland, it arrived in 1. Great Service.

Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:24 pm

Yes I must admit veals were very helpful and seemed to do all they could. the problem seemed to lie with the courier service which seemed to be run by a bunch of brain dead hyena's.still veals have to take responsibility as i bought it from them and as i said part of my order was missing

Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:29 pm

IDPearl wrote:Your English is better than my Swedish, that's for sure! Enjoyed your website. All I need now is a webpage translator from Swedish to English.....

Found one! - http://www.systranbox.com/systran/box

IDPearl, the forum at my site is now availible with english menus, so if you irish lads are heading to sweden for fishing you are welcome to the forum.

The frontpage is still only availible in swedish, working on it though,

Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:49 pm

I recieved a rod and reel from veals just prior to christmas, it was touch and go that I got it in time. It was in Ireland for nearly a week after veals had shipped it within 24hrs. The delay was down to the couriers who I had to chase up and after correcting contact details twice the van driver still had the wrong address on the day, but managed to get me on my mobile. Its not veals directly but maybe they should check out the quality of their Irish courier service. Maybe this was a pre christmas thing but it was a case of the right arm didn't know what the left was doing.