End of year questions

Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:27 am

Heres another one for the end of year:

1) What was your best session?

2) What was your worst session?

3) What was your best fish?

4) What are your fishing goals for 2005?

My answers:

1) Mine was a 2 hour session down on the cashen where I caught 8 bass. Non stop action after a week of no bass in Dingle.

2) Was driving down to Kilteery pier for a night session of whiting and to have the only reel I brought fall apart before I could have a first cast. For some reason this bet out my boat outing from helvic head where there was no fish, we were drunk out of it and water was dog rough.

3) Best fish was a conger well into its teens off tarbert pier.

4) Goal for 2005 would be to blank less. I plan on doing this by fishing less marks (I fished a new mark every other week this year) and only the ones I have information will produce fish at time of tide. I would love a big bass but being realistic a big huss would do and a session where I catch 3 or 4 rays would be nice. The major skill I need to learn is the pendulumn cast.

Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:19 am

1. For Sheer Quality of Fish, Late November in Ballycastle, Boat fishing.
2. There's no such thing as a bad fishing session.
3. Got a 32lb Tope, But more Proud of my Specimin Blonde Ray.
4. Congers!

Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:26 pm

1.Spinning frozen sandeel for Pollack at Tor head.Stacks of good fish,to 8lb. 2.A blank ten hour session for Pike at lough Scolban in Fermanagh.
3.Best fish was an unlanded Conger at Portaferry ,estimated to be close to 30lb.
4.A double figure Cod or specimen Plaice.

Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:56 pm

1) great session in september at the top of cahore beach - 45 flounder in a 4 hour session - most of the fish were over 1LB the best went 2.5lb it was just after the bad storms.

2)morriscastle in september - 2 flats and it drunk all day.

3) 7LB bass last sunday off the wall in monkstown cork.

4) concentrate on 4 venues all year in the hope of some specimans
im hoping for 9lb+ bass, a 3lb plus flounder and plaice, a double figure cod and maybe a double figure smoothie. all from the shore from the 4 venues ive picked, its a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong shot but if you dont set goals you wont improve.

Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:57 pm

Hi Donagh

I asked u about bait in Wicklow town at the end of 2004 and u said u would e-mail me a few spots.
My e-mail is celticclarke@eircom.net
If u could send them it would be great.

Thanks

Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:57 pm

best season? didn't know there was such thing :oops:
then: that would have to be last year at Greystones :lol:

worst: last time I was fishing....funny thing it was Greystones, total blooming blank, just fed me pet crab, waste of good bait :cry:

fishing goals for this year, catch a bigger bass :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

dave :wink:

Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:52 pm

Hi Donagh

I ran into problems while trying to e-mail a response about a few marks u wanted.It says there is no local gateway.Do u know what this means or should i try regeristin again.

Thanks

Best Session

Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:18 pm

My best session was in the Shannon Estuary on the Clare side fishing one of the beaches and caught plenty of thornback and dogs along with whiting.

My worse session was fishing a wind swept Cullenstown Beach in Wexford and not having a clue where to fish had all the wrong baits Etc.

This year I hope to get some sessions on the East coast as i like fishing those steep beaches they can be very comfortable you can set up a beach buddy and fish away in comfort sit and watch your rod.

Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:27 pm

Hi Donagh

I am just wondering did u get the e-mail i sent about a few marks. :idea:

Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:49 pm

Best Session: Seven Smoothound to 11lb in four hours from Clogga strand in July (on a hot bright summers day!)

Worst Session: Travelling to Carraroe in Galway for Ray and being interfered with by mackerel bashers!

Best Fish: 13lb Thornback from Gaynor's Point near Fenit

Fishing Goals: To win the lotto, go on a round the world fishing trip with the lads and then sign for Manchester United.

Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:24 pm

1) Great session july last at a rockmark in the north clare area - 5 tope in a 4 hour morning session, ranging from 28- 46lb

2) Have to agree with K2xtreme

3) A 54lb tope from the gannons, have lost bigger!

4) To fish well in the upcoming compos...