Search Blogs

Feed Random Blog Entries
blank, Tolka estuary, 15/3/2010 by Anonymous on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:02 pm
Fishing report 2:

Date: 14/3/11

Time started: 5pm

Weather: broken clound with a cold, light wind

Tide: ...high/incoming until 7pm

Mark: Tolka estuary (north Dublin city), on the south bank from the business park about half way along

Rods: four between two of us

Rigs: ledger and flounder.

Hook sizes: 1 and 2/0

Bait: Lug worm and mackerel. Spinning for about 10mins.

Time finished: 6.30pm

Results: 0. Nada. Some touches.

Other comments: The area is good for practical reasons i.e. There are plenty of places within the rocks to set a rod, it is reasonably sheltered from the wind, waves and view of the business park and it is accessible on foot or bus from town.

We opted out of trying to fish into the deeper channel that runs through the estuary and can be seen at low tide because of the amount of tree cuttings in the area so positioned ourselves about 20 meteres further out/downstream. In retrospect it might have been better to shift the cuttings and fish where there was more likely...

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 329 times
Glenarm Rover. (mad mans window to north end of beach) by bazzer74 on Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:53 pm
Fished a Larne and District rover in Glenarm area today. 3 showed up cos the rest pussied it and dont realise a straight westerly, even if it is 50mph wont really effect that part of co.antrim.( graeme and drew didnt pussy it cos they had a "castaways" match on benone) the rest are saft!!! Alright fishin, won with 2 dogs, 5 wrasse, a wee pout and a wee cuckoo wrasse which i was well impressed with. dogs werent really playin ball today at all and coalie/pollack non exsistent. maybe they read weather forecast! :?

0 Comments Viewed 1375 times
Spiddal by Tornado8 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:38 pm
Does anyone bait fish from Spiddal pier?? If so what species are caught??

3 Comments Viewed 9561 times
Reports by Seajay on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:56 pm
I DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT PERMISSIONS TO READ/SUBMIT SHORE ANGLING REPORTS - Can anyone tell me how I get the right permissions??

Suggestions welcome!

4 Comments Viewed 7491 times
Gone Fishin by Larry 90 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:20 pm
Heading Out Fishing Now... Hope I have Good Catches To Report!! A Nice Bass Would Make My Weekend!! :D

0 Comments Viewed 1122 times